Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Surround Speaker quality

by sagar_gokhale / January 16, 2006 12:20 AM PST

I don't have high-end surround speaker, so I was just wondering will changing these make a huge difference? I have Millennium MTR-2523's for front L/R which are very good. With Dolby Digital I find the sound not to be enveloping, so what can I do to make my system sound better, I have a Denon 1920 DVD-Player and Pioneer Elite 74txvi (which I LOVE!!!!!) reciever.

Thanks.
Sagar.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Surround Speaker quality
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Surround Speaker quality
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Millennium Speakers
by RoadRunner6 / January 16, 2006 6:00 PM PST

Never heard of Millennium speakers. Where did you get these? Did you buy them from a white van or someone you met on the street?

Sounds to me like one of the phony brand names the "white van" bogus operaters use to sell speakers that supposedly are $1500 a pair and overstocked. They all are junk. Hope you didn't get caught up in one of these purchases.

If that is the case then best you start over. Buy a quality 5.1 set of speakers all from the same brand. You have a quality DVD and super quality receiver.

Lets us know more about these speakers, where you bought them, what is the address of the manufacturer, do you have a owner's manual?

RR6

Collapse -
Millennium speakers - Replaced
by sagar_gokhale / February 13, 2006 12:58 AM PST

Actually I didn't pay a penny for them a buddy of mine had them in his basement and could not use them because this living room was WAY TOO SMALL!
After doing a bit of research I realized that Millinnium speakers are actually made by a European company. Also I found no information on them so I decided to get rid of them (since they were free).
I recently replaced all or my speakers, except for my Yamaha NC444 Center channel (which by the way is unbelievable!!!) and replaced them with Polk Audio
here is my new configuration which I am very very very happy with:

left/right - Polk Audio Monitor 40's
Subwoofer - Polk Audio PWS10 10"
Surr. L/R - Polk Audio R15's

I love the new sound I get from my existing setup. The Polk Audio speakers are better than anything I heard at a local A/V store (Electronics-Expo in Raritan, NJ extremely knowledgable). For the price you can't beat Polk Audio. My left/right Monitor 40's blow the 400-watt titanium Floor standing speakers out of the water with clarity and depth.

Collapse -
SPEAKERS MEAN EVERYTHING
by stewart norrie / January 17, 2006 7:07 AM PST

If you buy top quality speakers. they will last you a lifetime , you will never get tired of the awsome sound quality and you will love them forever, Ok here I go again My new Atlantic Technology speakers 5.1. system cost me about $3200 and its like the difference between a pinto and a corrvette. And yes I will keep them forever good luck stewart norrie

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!