Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Support for AVG 7.5 Free will be provided until February 28,

by Marianna Schmudlach / December 3, 2008 8:23 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Support for AVG 7.5 Free will be provided until February 28,
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Support for AVG 7.5 Free will be provided until February 28,
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Great news Marianne
by dawillie / December 3, 2008 8:47 AM PST

No idea why I d/l AVG 8.0.

Am sure a lot of members here will be happy.

Collapse -
Full support for all paid AVG 7.5 products until April 30,
by Marianna Schmudlach / December 3, 2008 10:07 AM PST
In reply to: Great news Marianne

Full support for all paid AVG 7.5 products will be provided until April 30, 2009. This support covers all* home and SMB/enterprise solutions, and includes all updates and 24/7 technical and sales support.

*Except AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5, for which support will end on December 31, 2008.

http://www.avg.com/faq.num-1593#faq_1593

Collapse -
Question
by Rick Beach / December 3, 2008 5:20 PM PST

*Except AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5, for which support will end on December 31, 2008.
Does mean as of the the end of this year there will be no more updates for this program?? And it will become useless? If so what would be a good replacement for it?

Thanks,Rick

Collapse -
AVG Anti Spyware...
by Marianna Schmudlach / December 3, 2008 11:50 PM PST
In reply to: Question
Collapse -
thanks for the reply
by Rick Beach / December 4, 2008 8:13 AM PST
In reply to: AVG Anti Spyware...

I downloaded superantispyware a couple of months ago.. It is ok,but I liked Ewido (now to be soon useless AVG Anti Spyware).. It is a SHAME AVG had to take a great program, and bundle it in with there P.O.S AVG 8.0 !!!!!!!!!

Rick

Collapse -
I 2nd That, David!!! Great News ! I Didn't
by tobeach / December 3, 2008 2:17 PM PST
In reply to: Great news Marianne

really want to have to switch over to Avast! during the busy Holiday
Season (I'm just procrastinating now)! Grin

Collapse -
No need to worry...
by glenn30 / December 4, 2008 12:12 AM PST

or procrastinate. It's easy as 1-2-3 and I have never looked back. I really like Avast and it updates all by itself and frequently.

Happy Holidays!

Glenn

Collapse -
Thanks For The Re-Assurance, Glenn30 !
by tobeach / December 4, 2008 1:48 PM PST
In reply to: No need to worry...

When I put on AVG 7.5, it was about 6 weeks of hassle before I got the E-mail scanner (& affected E-Mail connection) to work right!!! Avg 6 went in instantly & perfectly right out of the "box"! Hopefully Avast! will too! Sandy Grin

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!