Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

SuperAntiSpyware version 4.33.1000

by Big Steve / January 7, 2010 1:57 AM PST

I got this today and wanted to check here to make sure it was the "real deal". I've never heard of CNET TechTracker but I am familiar with CNET Downloads. If this is the "real deal" well I definitely do want to make the upgrade but do I uninstall the older version first, version 4.28.1008 before downloading then installing this newest version, version 4.33.1000 or just download and install version 4.33.1000 right on top of my older version, 4.28.1008?

January 07, 2010

The following software on your Watch List has a new version available. Review the updates below and download the latest version or visit your CNET TechTracker management page.

New to CNET TechTracker? Learn More.

Title Latest Available Status

SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition 4.33.1000
See related Spyware Removers 4.33.1000 1/6/2010 Download Now

What's new in this version: Version 4.33.1000 resolved rare crash issues where infections were blocking/redirecting and diagnostic system improvements to diagnose new rootkits more efficiently.

Learn more

Manage My TechTracker App Alerts
Review my alerts Change my email address

TechTracker FAQ Change alert frequency

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SuperAntiSpyware version 4.33.1000
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SuperAntiSpyware version 4.33.1000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yes. It's the "real deal" :)
by Carol~ Moderator / January 7, 2010 2:20 AM PST

Steve..

If you look to your left, you'll notice we even have a "CNET TechTracker". It IS the "real deal".

You can install the new version of SUPERAntiSpyware either way. You can remove the existing version. Then install the new one. If you choose to install it "over the top", the existing version will be removed, and v4.33.1000 will be installed.

Hope this helps..
Carol

Collapse -
Re: Yes. It's the "real deal" :)
by Big Steve / January 7, 2010 2:54 AM PST

Thank you very much.

Collapse -
(NT) You're qutie welcome, Steve
by Carol~ Moderator / January 7, 2010 2:58 AM PST
Collapse -
Re: (NT) You're qutie welcome, Steve
by Big Steve / January 7, 2010 5:38 AM PST

Well Ms. Carol, did you call me a "qutie"? Happy

Collapse -
It sure looks like I DID! :D
by Carol~ Moderator / January 7, 2010 6:45 AM PST

And not only that, in my first post I meant to write we have CNET TechTracker forum. Instead, I only wrote we have a CNET TechTracker. Silly

It serves me right, for having one hand on the mouse. One foot "out the door". And a mind focused on not being late for an appointment!

OR ..maybe... it was just another senior moment. Sad

Good catch!
Carol

Collapse -
What is
by Ray_moe / January 7, 2010 9:10 AM PST

A "Senior Moment"

Collapse -
Re: What is
by Big Steve / January 7, 2010 1:04 PM PST
In reply to: What is

A "Senior Moment"?

Collapse -
Momentary Disconnect From
by tobeach / January 7, 2010 1:58 PM PST
In reply to: Re: What is

current here & now reality! LOL! Grin

Collapse -
Re: Momentary Disconnect From
by Big Steve / January 7, 2010 2:06 PM PST

What did you say and what did you mean?

Collapse -
(NT) What is a senior moment, Phil? I forgot! :(
by Carol~ Moderator / January 8, 2010 12:42 AM PST
In reply to: What is
Collapse -
Wish I Could Remember
by tobeach / January 8, 2010 1:18 PM PST

how often that happens lately?! ShockedGrin

Collapse -
Re: Wish I Could Remember
by Big Steve / January 8, 2010 9:02 PM PST
In reply to: Wish I Could Remember

Who cares. I did an uninstall of the older version of SAS, downloaded then installed the newer version, v4.33.1000, everything seems to be working fine now.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!