The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Super Bowl......Who do you want?

by petb264 / January 30, 2006 12:05 AM PST

Hey Tom, Molly, and Veronica. Just emailing you guys to let you know that the seahwks are going to beat the Steelers and the Seahawks are going to be Super Bowl Champions. The only reason you want the Steelers to win is that the 49er's lost to Seahawks and the 49er's only won 4 games. So everyone post on the same thread who you want to win the big game.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

P.S. I live in Seattle.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Super Bowl......Who do you want?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Super Bowl......Who do you want?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
We want...
by ZxTool / January 30, 2006 3:43 AM PST

...or some of us do. Want another Go Daddy commercial. Happy

I feel the need to register a new domain.

Collapse -
Go commercials!
by acedtect / January 30, 2006 12:40 PM PST
In reply to: We want...

I still think of the Seahawks as an AFC team. I last cheered for a pro football team when the Cardinals were in St. Louis.

Collapse -
black and gold's to lose
by MacHugger / January 30, 2006 5:23 PM PST
In reply to: Go commercials!

Anything can happen but it's Pittsburgh's to lose.

1) Steelers fans travel no matter where but this one is even east of the Mississippi. They will represent. And hard.

2) Jerome Bettis is Detroit's native son. You can guess who the home crowd will be cheering for.

3) The Steelers want this badly for Bettis, for the Rooney family (owners) and most importantly, for the Steelers fans

4) Pittsburgh is purty Happy

http://www.basilea.it/bilder/Bilder/HTML_Index/Allegheny_River,_Pittsburgh,_Pennsylvania.jpg

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
I want...
by xAgent / January 30, 2006 8:08 PM PST

During the Stuper-Bowl all I want is the commericals!
And being Canadian, we didn't censor the situation with Janet Jackson's wardrode break down... so looking forward to that.

All about the comercials baby!!

Collapse -
It wasn't censored in the US either.
by MacHugger / January 31, 2006 1:10 AM PST
In reply to: I want...

That was the "problem" Wink

Collapse -
Easy Mistake
by Dirty Pirate / January 31, 2006 2:33 PM PST

I thought the same, that it was censored and when I talked to my American buddies they said it was blocked.
go figure.

Collapse -
Fined
by MacHugger / January 31, 2006 5:23 PM PST
In reply to: Easy Mistake

We definitely saw it. They certainly didn't keep the cameras on it for any length of time but it was on the air. CBS was fined $550,000 by the FCC for failing to censor it.

My guess is, Canadians saw no more or less than Americans because I should think nobody except CBS is given the rights to show the Super Bowl. So what you saw in the feed should be what we saw in the feed.

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
They're now using a delay...
by John.Wilkinson / February 1, 2006 2:29 AM PST
In reply to: I want...

Because of Janet Jackson's ''wardrobe malfunction,'' there is now a 10-second delay to all live broadcasts, giving them the ability to temporarilly cease transmission so that any objectionable material is not shown in the first place. Just a precaution to prevent the national/international airing af another ''accident.''

John

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!