HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Super Bowl National Anthem Singer Arrested

by James Denison / March 1, 2011 8:25 AM PST

However, it's not for her rendition of the National Anthem at the Super Bowl, but something less disturbing. Wink

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/news/ktla-christina-aguilera-arrested,0,1686140.story

Singer Christina Aguilera was detained in West Hollywood early Tuesday for public intoxication, and her boyfriend was arrested on suspicion of DUI.

Aguilera, 30, was a passenger in a car that was pulled over in the 1100 block of Clark Street in West Hollywood around 2:45 a.m., according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

The car was "burning rubber" and speeding, according to police.

Her boyfriend, 25-year-old Matthew Rutler, was arrested on suspicion of DUI.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Super Bowl National Anthem Singer Arrested
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Super Bowl National Anthem Singer Arrested
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Got a chuckle out of your opening sentence. Nice one. :-)
by Steven Haninger / March 1, 2011 8:37 AM PST
Collapse -
And, BTW James, you and I are on
by drpruner / March 2, 2011 8:40 AM PST

somewhat the same side on this one: A national emblem or anthem should not be treated disrespectfully.

And again we learn, 'Try never to get your patriotism or ethics from showbiz folk.' Happy

Collapse -
That's good to hear
by James Denison / March 2, 2011 11:33 AM PST

I'm more of the Pauline principle concerning temples and idols. They are nothing, so visiting and seeing them is nothing, even Lincoln monument. To me it's no worse than Paul going sight seeing on Mars hill. Things like flags and anthems are the same as "standards" lifted high in the OT, and Jewish Psalms about their homeland. To pay respect for which it stands is not the same as worship, any more than "pay respect to whom respect is due, and honor unto whom honor is due".

Collapse -
Good points. That's four replies
by drpruner / March 3, 2011 4:11 AM PST
In reply to: That's good to hear

I owe you. On this one I need to bring in some stuff from home, from secular sources.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.