Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Sun Solaris Help!!

Hello

I'm new to SUN Solairs OS, and currently I want to do web desig on it, I miss my dreamweaver and flash mx for web design on windows

So my question is do you know any software or programs for web design which works on SUN Solris, if its free much more better.

Thanx in advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sun Solaris Help!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sun Solaris Help!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
SUN is...

In reply to: Sun Solaris Help!!

Supplying Open Office (their version) on Solaris and you'll find your old school HTML editors in that. The problem I've had with such a platform is you take a step back about 10 years in such tools (maybe more) so you'll have to grind it out the old way.

But since a web site can be hosted on the Sun, why not create it on the PC and toss it up on the Sun?

Bob

Collapse -
Another One; Menu Help

In reply to: SUN is...

Thanx for the reply R. Proffitt, well currently My notebook went to the repair shop, and the only thing which I had left in my hand was the Solaris system at work which as you said the HTML edtior takes you back to the stone age.

I have one more question:

take a look at this website:

http://www.global-packaging-alliance.com/

I want to achieve such menu which they have implemented in their website, I know I cant create this kind of menus using Macromedia Fireworks, but that doesnt have nested Menus, I would be thankfull if you can give me a clue on this, a tutorial will be much more better.

yet again, Thanx in advance...
and I have to say CNET rocks this world!!!!

Collapse -
Use the source.

In reply to: Another One; Menu Help

To see how its done, VIEW SOURCE and dissect it.

Bob

Collapse -
Any Samples!!

In reply to: Use the source.

I knew that I can take a look at the source, but its very crowded and the code is just everywhere, if it were some simpler tutorials, it would have been much more better, any way I'll give a try at the source.

Thanx again.

Collapse -
Got it!!

In reply to: Any Samples!!

For your info, I read the source and got the hang of it, well Although it links to 35Kb Java Script code, got how to make the menus dynamically.

yet again, thanx....

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.