Question

'Summit X450e' Admin account password forgot :(

Hi All,

We installed one Extreme Network's 'Summit X450e-48p' switch in our organization. Unfortunately, we forgot it's admin account password and we don't have any other account on this switch to work on it.

Anybody to guide us how to break admin account password for a Summit switch. We don't want factory reset.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: 'Summit X450e' Admin account password forgot :(
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 'Summit X450e' Admin account password forgot :(
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: password

This seems a question for their tech support. My guess is they will say that a factory reset is the only solution, if you want it or not.

Kees

- Collapse -
'Summit X450e' Admin account password forgot :(

Factory reset will delete all configuration of the switch. Is there any way to fire 'Factory Reset' operation to reset admin account password to default value whereas other switch configuration will remains unchanged.

- Collapse -
Re: reset

That seems a question for their tech support also, if it isn't in the user manual.

But since your organisation must be prepared about replacing the switch when you need a bigger one, a faster one or when it breaks down, you must have a contingency plan about what to do then and how to do it. That should include a full documentation of the current settings.
Just read about the service management process 'availability management' in, for example, ITIL, or whatever system management method your company uses.

So why care about executing this plan now? Having lost the admin password is just the contingency this plan is meant for.

Kees

- Collapse -
Extreeme

If this still works like it used to you have 3 options.

1. you reset it like you said which wipes everything.
2. you physically send the switch to extreme and pay them to reset it
3. If you have a service contract AND you have not reset or disabled the failsafe account they can remotely reset it for you

- Collapse -
How to reset xtreme summit x150

I had encrypted my password.After that i was not able to login to the summit x150 switch.Now i would like to reset the switch(wipe everything).Can you please suggest my how to reset it.
Thanks & regards
Rameez

- Collapse -
That was answered above.

Maybe you can reveal why you can't use the prior answers.

CNET Forums