Networking & Wireless forum

Question

'Summit X450e' Admin account password forgot :(

by hmrpanchal / September 13, 2012 4:37 PM PDT

Hi All,

We installed one Extreme Network's 'Summit X450e-48p' switch in our organization. Unfortunately, we forgot it's admin account password and we don't have any other account on this switch to work on it.

Anybody to guide us how to break admin account password for a Summit switch. We don't want factory reset.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 'Summit X450e' Admin account password forgot :(
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 'Summit X450e' Admin account password forgot :(
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: password
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 13, 2012 5:20 PM PDT

This seems a question for their tech support. My guess is they will say that a factory reset is the only solution, if you want it or not.

Kees

Collapse -
'Summit X450e' Admin account password forgot :(
by hmrpanchal / September 13, 2012 6:52 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: password

Factory reset will delete all configuration of the switch. Is there any way to fire 'Factory Reset' operation to reset admin account password to default value whereas other switch configuration will remains unchanged.

Collapse -
Re: reset
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 13, 2012 7:12 PM PDT

That seems a question for their tech support also, if it isn't in the user manual.

But since your organisation must be prepared about replacing the switch when you need a bigger one, a faster one or when it breaks down, you must have a contingency plan about what to do then and how to do it. That should include a full documentation of the current settings.
Just read about the service management process 'availability management' in, for example, ITIL, or whatever system management method your company uses.

So why care about executing this plan now? Having lost the admin password is just the contingency this plan is meant for.

Kees

Collapse -
Extreeme
by bill012 / September 13, 2012 11:50 PM PDT

If this still works like it used to you have 3 options.

1. you reset it like you said which wipes everything.
2. you physically send the switch to extreme and pay them to reset it
3. If you have a service contract AND you have not reset or disabled the failsafe account they can remotely reset it for you

Collapse -
How to reset xtreme summit x150
by rameezrk / September 25, 2012 12:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Extreeme

I had encrypted my password.After that i was not able to login to the summit x150 switch.Now i would like to reset the switch(wipe everything).Can you please suggest my how to reset it.
Thanks & regards
Rameez

Collapse -
That was answered above.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 25, 2012 2:52 AM PDT

Maybe you can reveal why you can't use the prior answers.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?