HolidayBuyer's Guide

Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Suggestions on video editing software

by dragon_e7e / March 9, 2011 1:50 AM PST

Hi all,

I'm looking for a video editing/creating software. I used to use Windows Movie Maker, but it's not enough anymore. I'm looking for something that is not too hard to learn, good #s of effects, and hopefully has some cool presets. Oh, and also, I don't have a big budget, so probably under $100. Thanks all!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Suggestions on video editing software
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Suggestions on video editing software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Right off the bat,
by ahtoi / March 10, 2011 12:11 PM PST

I would say anything is better than moviemaker (not that I have use it, hehe). I think the rest is more or less about the same, Sony Vegas, Nero, Roxio, Corel, so take your pick..and they are all about the same in price. Personally I am using an older version of Nero on my win2K (I like it) and I am not into blu-ray stuff yet; but with all these copy protection stuff, it might not do me much good anyway.

Collapse -
Video Editing Software Recommendation
by Surrealist90 / March 11, 2011 9:44 AM PST

I was in this 'minor' predicament myself a few months ago, after having been underwhelmed by the offerings of movie maker. After a little research, I came across one of the highest rated programs for this, Cyberlink Powerdirector 9. It costs about $ 150, but it has 64-bit utilization, has a swath of editing features, and really isn't too difficult to learn. I recommend you check it out.

Collapse -
Cool
by dragon_e7e / March 11, 2011 3:30 PM PST

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll give Cyberlink's Powerdirector 9 a try.

Collapse -
video editing
by OLLIESNR / March 12, 2011 12:49 AM PST
In reply to: Cool

agree with both replies..i have tried both nero and cyberlink. cyberlink a wee bit better but it adds about 1 to 2 gig to the end result making some videos too large to fit on a dvd where nero uses a lot less space. You can also try ashampoo burning studio. it does a good job using the same system as nero only without a lot of editing functions, it does have some nice menu templates though and you can get it for 9 to 29 us dollars depending on the specials. writes at the same speed as nero regards ollie

Collapse -
march 9,reply
by bappanandy / March 22, 2011 11:57 PM PDT

hi,
hope fine.you can try this............
pinnacle video editing software.i think it will be best for you.bye........
bappa nandy.kolkata.india

Collapse -
Video Editing
by LenRobSon / March 28, 2011 9:01 PM PDT
In reply to: march 9,reply

I agree about Pinnacle. My PC is about 8 years old and I have different Video programs in it, but I like Pinnacle the best. I use it to vonvert my VHS tapes to DVD burning. It is great for editing as I go.

Collapse -
Video Editing
by workchic / April 10, 2011 3:52 PM PDT

Cyberlink is good and Final Cut Pro in MAC.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.