No discussions about pirated XP allowed here. So no price estimates either.
It's finally time to sell my assembled Desktop, and buy a new Laptop. I am passing over my HP DV2214TU laptop to my sis, so need a new one to do my designing/programming/gaming/college work till I start earning.
Intel 2.8GHz Pentium D, Symtronics 512 MB RAM, 64 MB Video Card built-in on 865G Intel Motherboard, DVDR+W, CDR+, 15" proView TFT with warranty. Pirated made Genuine Windows XP Pro SP2 Laughing.
[Current laptop's Specs]
Intel 1.6 GHz Pentium Dual-Core, 1 GB upgraded to Kingston 2.5 GB RAM, 128 MB Intel Video Card built-in on 865G Motherboard. Genuine Pre-Installed Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit.
I need a new laptop for the following tasks, but my budget is $700.
[Tasks and Min. Requirements]
2. Designing (3D Max, Photoshop, Similar Apps)
3. Gaming [Within the price range.]
4. Video/Movie Editing and Encoding
5. Should be able to run Windows 7[What are Win7 Expected Requirements?].
6. Intel Processor preferred with at least 3 GB RAM.
7. Combo of looks and power. I love my current laptop's look and power, but it got some overheating issues.
1. How much would my Desktop go for?
2. Which brand/model would be the best for the above mentioned tasks.
3. I'm also interested in getting a customized laptop. Any good stores/sites for it(in USA)?
4. What are the latest/basic specs/hardware requirements that are must in a good laptop?