It turns out the attributes that make a gaming PC great also work for 3D design PCs.
Did you check out PC Master Race builds?
I'm planning to buy a new PC soon. Can be either a custom built desktop or a stock laptop, doesn't matter. I'm mainly a high school student, so I'm not aiming towards a production grade PC straight away. Willing to squeeze it within 800 US$. My usage and purpose includes :-
1. Advanced (but not professional) Photoshopping and Graphics designing using Adobe Illustrator
2. Intermediate Adobe After Effects which mostly includes 2D motion graphics and 2D kinetic typography (Might expand it to video footage post processing later on, but that's not my main goal right now)
3. No gaming, but might beta test emulators like PPSSPP
4. Single frame 3D rendering (no animation) while maintaining a decent rendering time.
5. Oh, and some decent quality music decoding through the headphones (Least priority as I can use my iPod instead, which has capacity limitations though. Don't hesitate to mention a good performance PC even if it lacks of this feature)
A 700$ one would probably allow me to buy a Wacom Tablet. But around 800$ is a no sweat, I can save up for the Wacom later. You can mention parts seperately for the desktop or recommend a budget-friendly custom builder that you've PERSONALLY used. Please do not link me to eBay items unless the quantity of the item to be sold is more than 1. I don't prefer auctions at all. Any suggestion matching the criteria is appreciated, thanks.