General discussion

Success in starting a Business

Hello everybody,

As one of my collegue and I are just starting a business - Business Bot L.L.C. - It is time for us to get some advice from experimented persons who possibly already went through a Business creation.

Our company will provide custom software solutions for various businesses (Medical field, Finance, Manufacturing companies,etc...)

Here are our interrogations:

- What is the best option to get data about the market: Purchase exisitng market analysis or perform an analysis ourself by visiting our customers and maybe our competitors ?

- How to find our first customer? what does work the best: advertising on the web, advertising on merchandise (usb keys, pencils, etc...) or knocking directly at our customers door ?

- We are in the process of creation of the website and we would appreciate some feedbacks on it (not necessarly the content for now but more the design) Does it look professional? are the information easy to find? is the navigation intuitive ? we would be glad to get some help on that. the address is:
http://www.business-bot.com/

Your answers are valuable to us and very much appreciated !

Ben
co-founder
Business Bot L.L.C.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Success in starting a Business
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Success in starting a Business
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
The correct address ...

the OP added, is business-bot.com

No need for a link. Anybody interested enough can copy/paste or type in stead of click. That's no problem.

Kees

- Collapse -
Success Lies in Marketing

Hello,

I am new to this forum. Want to have nice, valuable discussions with you all.
Success in any kind of business depends most on its marketing.

- Collapse -
Success in any kind of business depends most on its marketin

Success in any kind of business depends most on its marketing.

That's an odd statement. My measure of success is if the company lasts and does well over a few decades.

For example a company could market well yet deliver sub-par products or none and fold in weeks. Yet the owners would call it a success as they made money!
Bob

- Collapse -
Create a website for your business

Congrats for your project! You need to create a website for more visibility and ofcourse, more visitors. Secondly, advertise your site in few popular magazines and news papers.
Thirdly, write a press release about your products and services.

CNET Forums