Question

Subwoofer Output help

Anyone knows if Philips SPA5300 Multimedia Speakers 2.1 can connected to subwoofer output(I mean used as an active subwoofer) for only the bass? And how if it is possible?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Subwoofer Output help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Subwoofer Output help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
From the information that I can find,

the answer is no. All I see is a stereo connection. They may have called this a 2.1 system but in my way of thinking it is not. It just a speaker system that has the capability of producing 20hz and above.

- Collapse -
question

I dont know if you understand I have another system with a subwoofer output (RCA) that can gets an active subwoofer. So my question is SPA5300 only with the bass can connect to with an RCA input in the subwoofer output of my system?

- Collapse -
question

the Phillips is a fixed wire system with a minijack that connects to a pc or notebook or even a headphone jack -- there isn't any rca jack input on the Phillips. Besides, even if there was, you'd blow the socks off the Phillips.

- Collapse -
This speaker system has a integrated stereo...

amplifier built-in. Personally I wouldn't take the chance to find out if it will work or not.

CNET Forums