General discussion

subtitle not stopping

Hi
I just bought a 32B650T1R lcd, having some issues with subtitles they just don't respect the end marker, that's pretty annoying wheh watching a small passage that's need translation.
Hope you have some solution, thanks in advance

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: subtitle not stopping
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: subtitle not stopping
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Be sure to report such failures.

Call in and supply Samsung with the DVD title so they can see if the firmware needs an update.

- Collapse -
mkv and srt subs

Oh, i forgot to mention that's happen with mkv's and srt subs, i also tried to convert to other sub's format and have the same issue

- Collapse -
Same reporting.

Be sure to call it in and offer to send in the content with the bug. Otherwise they can't replicate it.
Bob

- Collapse -
Same reporting.

Indeed.

However, I'll be happy to send this up.

What are the sources where the subtitles are being generated?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
subtitle not stopping

I found a similar problem in other threads , take a look at this: http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?messageID=3115721#3115721 a workaround was proposed,
Jojo's online tool http://popostash.appspot.com/ seems to be down, do you know of other tools that insert blank lines in srt's files, i use aegisub and subtiltle workshop but they don't have this feature
I have a 2004 firmware on my tv, maybe if i upgrade to the 2005.0 (this is the only one i found on samsung website for my tv)it will correct this bug, do you have any information about cahnges in this firmware? and thanks for your replays.

CNET Forums

Forum Info