PC Applications forum

General discussion

Substitute for Aida 32?

by grandpaw7 / August 23, 2004 8:14 AM PDT

Aida 3w is no more. Does anyone know of another program, either free or otherwise, that does somewhat the same thing? Thanks, grandpaw

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Substitute for Aida 32?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Substitute for Aida 32?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Substitute for Aida 32?
by Hounddog / August 23, 2004 10:05 AM PDT
Collapse -
by ChuckT / August 23, 2004 11:59 AM PDT

I like BelArc, and it does a fair amount of reporting detail, but it is no Aida32. There is SO MUCH more that Aida32 can do, and be used by groups of people to consolidate your groups info, that BelArc is a not even close.

If you need a place to locate Aida32, here is one (of many):
Enterprise Edition

I believe you can also find the Personal Edition at:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/
But I can't get that info inside this corporate firewall.

Collapse -
ChuckT, you made a liar out of me
by grandpaw7 / August 24, 2004 5:01 AM PDT

Well, not really. I was just repeating what I saw when I googled Aida 32. I downloaded the Enterprize edition. Do you happen to know the difference between that and the personal edition? Thanks for the info. grandpaw

Collapse -
Re: what is in EE and not the PE
by ChuckT / August 24, 2004 8:06 AM PDT

The one thing that I know exists in the Enterprise Edition, that wasn't in the Personal Edition, is the reporting of the Product Keys for the software, like the OS and the MS Office). (Yeah, the "hidden" 25 character codes that you need as a license.)

Where I work, we needed to do a complete inventory of all the software of all the PCs and servers that we have. Since that is hundreds of computers and at at least three locations (East coast, West coast, and Oregon) we found that Aida EE was a real time saver. We set it up so that by running a simple script, all the desired reporting (which areas, since you can select what you want assessed) and automatically have it sent to one collection site, a server on the East coast.

Aida32 worked like a charm. Even in the reviewing of the results was easy, since all the reports can be ganged together and you can see tallies of what is running where.

Collapse -
Thanks, Hounddog
by grandpaw7 / August 24, 2004 4:58 AM PDT

Coincidentally, I downloaded Belarc earlier today. grandpaw

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 23, 2004 10:12 AM PDT

I was able to download it still. There is just no further development.

What is it missing?

Bob

Collapse -
I stand corrected, Bob
by grandpaw7 / August 24, 2004 5:02 AM PDT

I also just downloaded it. grandpaw

Collapse -
by FrankQTran / August 23, 2004 2:50 PM PDT

The author of Aida32 has been promoted to a higher position and also moved to another company called Lavalys, His Aida32 has been changed to the new name Everest Home Edition 1.10. Here is the link for a new product (freeware) http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3

Notes: If for some reason you see the foreign language displayed, just click on the British flag to change to English.

Regards,

Collapse -
BTW, here a quick notes from www.aida32.hu
by FrankQTran / August 23, 2004 2:57 PM PDT
Collapse -
Thank you, FrankQTran
by grandpaw7 / August 24, 2004 5:08 AM PDT

I see I have a choice of downloading .exe or zip. I frankly don't know what the difference. But is one easier than the other? If so, that's my choice.

I also guess that I should use Everest Home and remove the Aida I just downloaded. I'll kind of compare the two after I download Everest but maybe someone has a comment about this.

grandpaw

Collapse -
The different between...
by FrankQTran / August 24, 2004 5:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Thank you, FrankQTran

ZIP and EXE is size. ZIP file will be smaller than EXE file but to be able to run the EXE (which compressing inside the ZIP), you must unzip it (WinZIP is one of many tools to do that job).

Regards,

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.