Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Stunningly petty move by conservatives to ruin reputation

by grimgraphix / September 11, 2012 9:24 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Stunningly petty move by conservatives to ruin reputation
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Stunningly petty move by conservatives to ruin reputation
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Dang conservatives are picking up the lib's bad habbits!
by lylesg / September 11, 2012 10:17 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) Proves idiots are equally represented everywhere.
by Roger NC / September 11, 2012 12:52 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) or proves we are converting liberals
by James Denison / September 11, 2012 1:32 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) LOL, the pizzeria owner is a registered republican.
by grimgraphix / September 11, 2012 3:20 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) full conversion takes time
by James Denison / September 11, 2012 9:43 PM PDT
Collapse -
No, James. He is a long time Republican.
by Ziks511 / September 12, 2012 6:11 AM PDT

But assuming you read the article you know that. If you know that, why did you deliberately publish a falsehood? not that it's the first time for you or anything. Mr. Upside-Down at work again.

What it does prove is that idiots are indeed well represented everywhere, even here.

Rob

Collapse -
you totally missed the point
by James Denison / September 12, 2012 10:37 AM PDT

of what I said, but then, that's nothing new.

Collapse -
From what I understand
by TONI H / September 11, 2012 8:03 PM PDT

on one of the talkshows, the owner had asked the SService for permission to hug BO and they said 'as long as you don't try to take him away, it'll be ok'.

As for your 'fan or not, you get excited' statement....not so much. Our local (Blacksburg, VA) bakery owner was asked ahead of time if it would be ok to have BO come to his shop as a photo op and that it would bring him lots of publicity.....the owner said 'thanks, but no thanks'. The headsup team for BO was stunned, to say the least....I guess they aren't used to be told 'no' by anybody even if that person doesn't plan to vote for BO because they figured publicity would bring business to the guy so they appeal to the money side of things. This baker didn't care, didn't want to be a hypocrite, and once word got out that he turned the prez down flat, he was swamped with support and people buying his baked goods. lol

Not everybody in this country can be bought, BO.......not even a lowly, hick town baker barely scraping by.

Collapse -
RE: I heard a different version
by JP Bill / September 11, 2012 8:18 PM PDT
In reply to: From what I understand
Collapse -
stunned cops still won't
by James Denison / September 11, 2012 9:46 PM PDT

give up their donuts and other sweets. Perhaps there's also a certain feeling of satisfaction buying something in a place your boss is not welcome.

Collapse -
Yu're right...it was Biden not BO...but
by TONI H / September 11, 2012 10:29 PM PDT

results were the same......

Collapse -
RE: not even a lowly, hick town baker
by JP Bill / September 11, 2012 10:40 PM PDT

That's how you think of the baker and your town?

He opened his business 3 months ago and he's already refusing to serve approx 50% of the townsfolk? And he's barely scraping by, it could be even tougher scrapping by now.

He should have been more PC and just refused to have a photo op and not bother expressing his opinion and possibly alienating 1/2 of his customer base.

What difference does it make to him if a Dem or Rep eats his doughnuts? Just as long as they're HIS doughnuts.

Collapse -
Where do you get
by TONI H / September 11, 2012 11:15 PM PDT

a story that he's refusing service to 50% of the townsfolk?

Collapse -
I didn't say it was in the story.
by JP Bill / September 12, 2012 1:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Where do you get

I said "approx 50% of the townsfolk".

My logic is, according to election polls..Obama and Romney each have approx 50% of the vote...so...IF he wants to speak out against Obama...he potentially could lose the Obama supporters as customers.

As I said

He should have been more PC and just refused to have a photo op and not bother expressing his opinion and possibly alienating 1/2 of his customer base.

Any other questions?

Where do you get that he is "scraping by"? THAT wasn't in the story.

Collapse -
An assumption of scraping by
by TONI H / September 12, 2012 2:34 AM PDT

because his store is just recently opened, not real popular before the VP episode, and he was still willing to say 'no'. From what I understand from a FoxNews story and interview, business has boomed for him since then, so he's got plenty of support and business from the residents.

Collapse -
RE: From what I understand
by JP Bill / September 12, 2012 3:33 AM PDT

Sorry, I've pretty well given up on "from what you understand"...Providing a link to your "understandings" would go a looonng way to improve your credibility with me.

This is the second time you've said business is booming for him....GOT A LINK?

Collapse -
There is no link
by TONI H / September 12, 2012 3:58 AM PDT

This wasn't reported anywhere in the LSM, and the Fox interview was quite a while ago, so that video isn't available anymore. The baker is the one who indicated that business was booming for him after he got the publicity of saying 'no' to the VP. I don't care if I don't improve my credibility with you, JP.....you've never HAD any with me.

Collapse -
Then just keep making up stories
by JP Bill / September 12, 2012 4:00 AM PDT
In reply to: There is no link

and I'll keep shooting them down.

Collapse -
Shooting them down with what?
by TONI H / September 12, 2012 4:36 AM PDT

I went with a news story on Fox, including a live interview and related what the owner had to say.......the link to the original fox story is what I looked for and didn't find; however, try any of these to see that business is booming for him and that I didn't 'just make it up' unlike YOUR assumption that he LOST 50% of his customers with NO link or proof at YOUR end.

https://www.google.com/search?q=blacksburg+va+baker+business+booming&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Stop being such a pest.........YOU actually DO make up a story and it's ok. I get ACCUSED of making up a story, and you feel self-righteous even if you ARE wrong.

Collapse -
RE: and related what the owner had to say.
by JP Bill / September 12, 2012 5:17 AM PDT

You said the owner said Obama was the person he turned down

Then I pointed out the true facts.

Then you admitted you misspoke, misunderstood.

Like YOU said

Yu're right...it was Biden not BO.

BANG!!!! Shot that one down.

I didn't 'just make it up' unlike YOUR assumption that he LOST 50% of his customers with NO link or proof at YOUR end.

YES you did.

My statement/question was

He opened his business 3 months ago and he's already refusing to serve approx 50% of the townsfolk?

Please note the "?"...ask James how they work...it's a question mark...I've already explained the logic of where I get 50%...I was NOT making a statement of fact....about the 50%...

Collapse -
JP
by TONI H / September 12, 2012 7:06 AM PDT

First you post...>>>That's how you think of the baker and your town?

He opened his business 3 months ago and he's already refusing to serve approx 50% of the townsfolk? And he's barely scraping by, it could be even tougher scrapping by now.>>>>

Your second post....

>>>I said "approx 50% of the townsfolk".

My logic is, according to election polls..Obama and Romney each have approx 50% of the vote...so...IF he wants to speak out against Obama...he potentially could lose the Obama supporters as customers.

As I said

He should have been more PC and just refused to have a photo op and not bother expressing his opinion and possibly alienating 1/2 of his customer base.>>>

NOW, you say, that the FIRST post, because it had a question mark at the end of the first sentence that I should have noted the ? but IGNORE the rest of your statements that unilaterally conflict with that ? but actually make it sound as if your 'logic' of 50% was based on POLLS so it would make sense to you that he would lose 50% of the townfolk......when you may not know that the townfolk in Blacksburg represent 80% Conservatives. And you say that I'M making stuff up?????

AND, you make NO comment regarding the 'credible' links I've provided showing that his business IS booming since he said 'no' to Biden.......after saying I have no credibility. The very least you could do is offer a 'correction' to your "looooong way to improving" statement........instead of ignoring it and trying to justify your usual nonsense type of posts. Or is that too much to expect?????? (please note the obvious question marks)

Collapse -
RE: AND, you make NO comment regarding the 'credible' links
by JP Bill / September 12, 2012 1:03 PM PDT
In reply to: JP

I wasn't going to mention it, since YOU brought it up, this is the second time you post a link to a Google search page with a bunch of irrelevant links, such as (your latest)

Bigbabybuttababy Baker Look at my Niece, Kiara smiling at Virginia Tech Cadet ..... College of Business and a minor in leadership studies from the Virginia Tech ...
10 links on the first page, 6 had absolutely nothing to do with Chris the baker....just shows how much "legs" this story has in the real world.

Eddie Boes, of Blacksburg, got the last batch of cookies before Crumb & Get It ran out of dough.

LAST COOKIES SOLD ON AUG 17, at Chris The Bakers, after turning down Biden Photo-Op.....Buy 'em now before they turn green.

He should sell them on e-bay....he could make enough dough to retire. Get it? Make dough FROM cookies.

Collapse -
At this rate
by James Denison / September 12, 2012 1:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Where do you get

if I opened a restaurant I'd put up a sign "No Canadians Served Here".

Collapse -
RE:"No Canadians Served Here"
by JP Bill / September 12, 2012 3:49 AM PDT
In reply to: At this rate

Thank you...we don't enjoy being eaten.

You're opening a restaurant for flesh eating zombies? You ARE an innovator.

Collapse -
Don't worry, JP; you're not alone
by Josh K / September 12, 2012 5:08 AM PDT

James has previously stated that he thinks it should be legal for businesses to refuse to serve black people.

So that's two meals we'd be missing out on. Wink

Collapse -
what difference does it make to you?
by James Denison / September 12, 2012 1:32 AM PDT

In fact, what difference does anything that happens down here matter to you? I pay very little attention to whatever happens in Canada. Is it really that boring up there for you?

Collapse -
RE: I pay very little attention
by JP Bill / September 12, 2012 3:55 AM PDT

I pay very little attention to whatever happens in Canada.

BUT you do pay some attention, that's all it takes.

IF you paid NO attention...you wouldn't respond to any of my posts, AND you wouldn't make any posts about stories with a Canadian connection.

Are you disinterested enough to do that?

Collapse -
I got pretty excited.....
by Josh K / September 11, 2012 10:39 PM PDT
In reply to: From what I understand

.....when I encountered Reagan's motorcade one afternoon on my way home from work. It's the president, whether you voted for him or not. It's pretty cool to see.

This is all a tangent from the point of the post though, which is that angry (presumably) Republicans trashed the restaurant on a review site over something that has nothing to do with whether it's a good place to eat.

Now if the owner announced he was donating large sums of money from his profits to the Obama campaign..... Wink

Collapse -
how do you know it's Republicans?
by James Denison / September 12, 2012 1:34 AM PDT

It could be anybody. I'd even suspect some Demcrats who like to keep the pot stirred up, elicit sympathy, maybe do it and cast blame at others. Truth is, you know nothing about who is posting such stuff.

Collapse -
(NT) Here we go with the "It's a Dem setup!" bit
by Josh K / September 12, 2012 3:17 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.