TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Stunning HD movie trailers in 720p, 1080i

by Dan Filice / April 11, 2006 7:57 AM PDT

On the Apple website (www.apple.com), under Quicktime, they have many movie trailers posted in 480p, 720p and 1080i. The 720p and 1080i trailers take a long time to download onto your computer, even with DSL, but WOW!. On a small LCD computer monitor set for 1024X768 ot 1280X1024, they are stunning! (Take your high-res monitor off 640X480 already!) If you don't have a Mac you may need to download the free Quicktime Player for PC to view. It's there for download on the website. It's worth it. The trailer for King Kong was so stunning I kept it for future viewing.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Stunning HD movie trailers in 720p, 1080i
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Stunning HD movie trailers in 720p, 1080i
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Are you sure the FREE QTplayer is good enough for HD?
by Art / April 11, 2006 5:02 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by jcrobso / April 12, 2006 1:25 AM PDT
Collapse -
or i can just watch tv and see the cubs win it all this year
by masterying01 / April 11, 2006 6:22 PM PDT

>: )

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) That would be great to see!!! John
by jcrobso / April 12, 2006 1:56 AM PDT
Collapse -
MORE ON TRAILERS
by stewart norrie / April 12, 2006 6:11 AM PDT
In reply to: More here!!

cnet has a half hour show called NOTHING BUT TRAILERS. and the picture quality is beyond belief. So in my feeble mind if the new blue ray looks this awsome it will be a well worth getting one have a nice day all stewart

Collapse -
More rain, Stewart?
by Dan Filice / April 12, 2006 6:27 AM PDT
In reply to: MORE ON TRAILERS

While I was basking in the SoCal sun I saw the weather report for your area...nothing but rain, rain, rain. I think it's time to trade-in your TV and buy a row boat!

Collapse -
DAN GLUB GLUB IAM SINKING
by stewart norrie / April 12, 2006 7:06 AM PDT
In reply to: More rain, Stewart?

And I live in a trailer park ha ha , but to solve the problem of tornadios and huricanes all you have to do is have some blow up mobil homes in a field and those storms will head right to em Ya two months of rain and cold Iam even getting tired of 14 hours of hi-def a day + Iam running out of b-ll sh-t posts thanks dan stewart

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.