Question

Studio Monitor Help

So I made a newbie mistake on amazon and ordered the iKey M-505 v2 studio monitors. Little did i know that it only came with one "speaker". I was wondering if i could hook that one speaker to my computer and have a great audio experience (if anyone knows the cables ill need to use please let me know, having a hard time finding it)? I would rather not purchase the other speaker because it is expensive so if any one knows of another speaker they like ill ill take any help/advice.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Studio Monitor Help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Studio Monitor Help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Hold on a second.

The idea is to monitor the content. It's not a primary experience device/thing.

Why not go with the usual 5.1 speaker setup?
Bob

- Collapse -
Explanation

I went with this option because they were recommended, and they would easily fit into my dorm without having to have any speakers behind me or in inconvenient locations. I also do some sound work/mixing for a hobby and these are supposed to work very well with that (im not good at this hobby, just enjoy it).

- Collapse -
I looked at such and found.
http://www.amazon.com/Ikey-Audio-M-808v2-Studio-Monitor/dp/B002JS40NO/

Yes, you can buy more than one depending on if you need one (Mono), two (Stereo) and more for those other setups.

Seems nice enough but as speakers go, folk often find themselves in the deep end of the pool. For beginners I stick to those boxed things or sets like the Energy Take 5 and some Receiver.
Bob

CNET Forums