Desktops forum

General discussion

stuck on vista til i get a new dvd drive.....

well i cant re-install my MCE kuz dvd drive dont work . im stuck on vista so, i got an nFORCE 4 and a 7900 gto and i cant get the drivers to work =*(. any advise... o ya, i cant even go full resolution my monitor goes 1440-900, its at 1280-960 so i cant even play games right. i need help

i only get 50 fps on WoW and my video card got 5.8-5.9 on vistas rating system, i should get more, especialy on that low resolution

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: stuck on vista til i get a new dvd drive.....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: stuck on vista til i get a new dvd drive.....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Isn't 50 a fine thing?

In reply to: stuck on vista til i get a new dvd drive.....

It was somewhere above 30 that we considered games playable. And your TV is either 27 or 60 depending on how you measure.

In closing, with a new DVDRW drive under 40, why isn't this an option?

Bob

Collapse -
thx for the help, i didnt know the DVD RW was that cheap

In reply to: Isn't 50 a fine thing?

but i get only 15 fps in f.e.a.r maxed out and should get like40-50, but mine is choppy as hell so i kinda got a problem here, i think its vista and the driver is isntalled wrong but i cant fix it so ill re-install windows MCE. by the way i cant even go my monitors max resolution. i can go like 1280-800 and its a 1440-900 monitor

Collapse -
Since there is no "real" Vista you either wait...

In reply to: thx for the help, i didnt know the DVD RW was that cheap

Or fix the machine and go back to something supportable. We have the Vista forum here as well but I can't help much since... It's not a released OS and we may have to wait for drivers to catch up.

Check out newegg.com or geeks.com for those dvdrw drives.

Bob

Collapse -
Thanks man

In reply to: Since there is no "real" Vista you either wait...

i appreciated your help... it took me a long time to get my pc up and running.. im not sure yet but i think my AMD x2 was faster than my Core2 duo. anyway its still fast. its probably just the unfinished OS but hey, core2 is still fast.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.