Did you pull it out of the case onto cardboard and try it with less parts? No HDD, ODD, etc?
I read a few other posts but it seems everyone else has their problem as soon as they replace or change parts so I figured I would post mine. I built a pc and it started up without problems, the mobo worked fine and everything seemed to be in order. I used an older hard drive and to my surprise it had windows 7 premium on it, I did the HP system restore to format the drive and make sure it was clear and the system worked fine for a few hours, I installed drivers and restarted after all of them. I was able to use it long enough to download team fortress 2 and play a little bit of it with my brother. During the game I was noticing a lot of packet loss, not new on our connection and went to get a drink and some food. When I came back my brother was editing the TCP registry and when we rebooted it and that is the first time it was frozen on the MSI screen. When I am stuck on this screen, I cant use the keyboard to enter bios and I waited for about 5-10 minutes and it never left the screen. When I hit the power button, it shuts off without a problem, no need to hold it down. I tried restarting a few times and got nowhere so I tried a few things to fix it.
- I unplugged and flipped the switch on the power supply and held the power button down for about 15 seconds to get rid of any built up charge
- I tried resetting the cmos
- I tried running with one stick of ram and it noticed but I couldn't hit f1 or f2 to use the two options it gave me
- I tried starting it with the disc drive, hard drive, wireless adapter unplugged and with only one stick of RAM.
- I tried turning the eco mode on my psu off.
All of these, except changing the memory, resulted in the same BIOS splash screen being displayed. The motherboard is under warranty but I have not been able to find any information about how to redeem a warranty on MSI's site. Any help would be appreciated.
MSI 970 gaming mother board
AMD FX Black edition 6-core
Evga 550 G2
GeForce gtx 750ti
Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I wireless adapter
Corsair Vengence DDR3-2100 8gig x2 RAM