Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

Question

Streaming Vista to Samsung TV LE40B655 &Homecinema HT-BD7255

by Omeon / December 10, 2011 2:09 AM PST

I at a point now where Im completly deprest out all the problems this system has caused sinse I bought this system. Nothing seems to work as its supposed to. Ive been through allof this before. I installed the pc share manager tryed to log in to Pc thru the Home cinema and kept getting the message taht I was using the wrong username or pasword. (I wasn't) After a few days and numorus pointless and expensive calls to samsung support, my internett provider and the company I bougt the system from I just desided to try using the PCname insted of the Username and walla! It started working. It turnd out that it wasnt after my vista username at all but does want to use youre userpassword. After taht I didnt tuch anything in fear of messing it all up again. Then after a wile I got a problem with my user account on vista. For some reason my user accoute became corrupt an in the en just vanished. I hav to reinstall the operating system (Vista home premium 64). I did all the updates and installed the pcshare manager 4.2 downloaded from the produkt site on samsung support and it was not abel to find the TV or the home cinema. I tryed loggin thru the homecinema and it gave me the good old "incorrect user or password" again and nothing works. I resett the ruter wich is now telling me that the WLAN isn't working or at least is flashing red, I re try re installing my PC share manager turning Antivirus and firewall completly of. And My TV show up when trying make polisies in the program. But still no Home cinema. I retry loging in thru the home cinema but no changes. If I could just get a hold of the idiot that made this I wouldnt mind spending some jail time for it. But neverthe less, does anybody have a clue on what to do? Im really bumd out by the insaine amount of time it takes to figure out that nothing works...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Streaming Vista to Samsung TV LE40B655 &Homecinema HT-BD7255
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Streaming Vista to Samsung TV LE40B655 &Homecinema HT-BD7255
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Interesting facts
by Omeon / December 10, 2011 10:46 AM PST

After playing around with it for an other day or so I finally cracte the freaking code,.. Turn the pasword protection off, in the nettwork sharing center on Vista, and this time actually use the userprofile name and password when trying to acsess files thru the Hometeater system. Also make sure that the password has no numbers and that the computer name and user name is all letters with no spacing or any signs in it. That includes ---> (-) this sign. I really hope all this helps somebody because theres a lot of people out there trying to get this to work and so far I havent come agross any forum that helped me. This is a list of what I did.

1. Reinstalled Vista home premium (64bit)
1.a Renamed computername to an 8 caracter all caps name, and a simpel 5 caracter user name both high and low caps.
2. Resett router
3. Turned firewall completly off
4. Turned of antivirus (microsoft security essentials)
5. Installed the PC share manager from the produkt support page at Samsung.com (run as adminastrator)
8. Create an emty folder on desktop and call it Samsung SH. Right click it, and allow sharing in vista.
6. Run the program again as administrator, find the folder you've created and choose Samsung SH to share with. Push the update button and trye to find theTV and homecinema unit. Finally allow the ones you see. (I am still uable to see the Home teater system but still works regardless.)
7. Turn the filesharing password off in vista, and allow every freaking thing you can allow in the settings.
7. Find the ip-number of your computer. Google it, if you dont know how. I sure didnt.
8. I Started the BD-wise by pressing the Blue BD button on the remote controler, then menu button, then the red "A" button to find nettworks. select the manuall selection option.
9. Enter the ip-number and then the username. This sometimes turn out be the computer name insted and you might have to try them both. Finally enter the password you use to log in to youre user-account on your computer and make sure it has less then 12 letters in it. (That goes for everthing,.. "computer name", "user name" and "password" )
10. Now you should have acsess to what ever you put in to that folder. Also note that there are only some types of file-format that it allows and that to abel to play X-vid there a hole difrent prosess to download and support it.
11. Finallly learn from youre mistakes, and never ever, ever, EVER, bye a Samsung produkt again!

Collapse -
Answer
Finally cracked the code
by Omeon / December 10, 2011 10:49 AM PST

After playing around with it for an other day or so I finally cracte the freaking code,.. Turn the pasword protection off, in the nettwork sharing center on Vista, and this time actually use the userprofile name and password when trying to acsess files thru the Hometeater system. Also make sure that the password has no numbers and that the computer name and user name is all letters with no spacing or any signs in it. That includes ---> (-) this sign. I really hope all this helps somebody because theres a lot of people out there trying to get this to work and so far I havent come agross any forum that helped me. This is a list of what I did.
1. Reinstalled Vista home premium (64bit)
2 Renamed computername to an 8 caracter all caps name, and a simpel 5 caracter user name both high and low caps.
3. Resett router
4. Turned firewall completly off
5. Turned of antivirus (microsoft security essentials)
6. Installed the PC share manager from the produkt support page at Samsung.com (run as adminastrator)
7. Create an emty folder on desktop and call it Samsung SH. Right click it, and allow sharing in vista.
8. Run the program again as administrator, find the folder you've created and choose Samsung SH to share with. Push the update button and trye to find theTV and homecinema unit. Finally allow the ones you see. (I am still uable to see the Home teater system but still works regardless.)
9. Turn the filesharing password off in vista, and allow every freaking thing you can allow in the settings.
7. Find the ip-number of your computer. Google it, if you dont know how. I sure didnt.
10. I Started the BD-wise by pressing the Blue BD button on the remote controler, then menu button, then the red "A" button to find nettworks. select the manuall selection option.
11. Enter the ip-number and then the username. This sometimes turn out be the computer name insted and you might have to try them both. Finally enter the password you use to log in to youre user-account on your computer and make sure it has less then 12 letters in it. (That goes for everthing,.. "computer name", "user name" and "password" ) 12. Now you should have acsess to what ever you put in to that folder. Also note that there are only some types of file-format that it allows and that to abel to play X-vid there a hole difrent prosess to download and support it.
13. Finallly learn from youre mistakes, and never ever, ever, EVER, bye a Samsung produkt again!

Collapse -
Answer
Also note with regards to upgrading
by Omeon / December 10, 2011 11:42 AM PST

Also note that upgrading the hometeater system thru the official samsung support site by downloading upgrade files and installing them with a flash drive does not work at all as explained in the guide. Noting happens and even though the sofware states that it is an older vertion it wil not activate the upgrade. the guide states that you have to wait for a wile and the Home teater should react by it self by asking if you want to upgrade, but it dosn't. Waiting gets no result and nether does exploring the flash drive or asking thru the system setting to upgrade. Its only going to tell that it hase the lates firmware installed when in fact it does not.

Man! get youre monye back if its not to late,..

Collapse -
Answer
In addition with regards to upgrading the TV
by Omeon / December 10, 2011 12:04 PM PST

Too nooo suprise,.. It does not work,..

Inserting the usb flash drive gets you the message,: No files availeble to upgrade.

Also watching youtube thru the e-content on the home teater system doesnt work. It just keps loading the video with a broadband connection of about 12 MG (effective)

Collapse -
Answer
Trying to activate DivX on the TV and HomeCinema
by Omeon / December 12, 2011 1:21 PM PST

When going thru the menyes to find the activation code on the tv and HomeCinema it giv you the activation code and refers you to DivX.com to get more information. After messing aroun at that site I finally found the information and a guide to activate the DivX. I did everthing the way I was supposed to and installed the DivX player wich is required to be abel to activate it. Everthing work great, and I thought to my self that I was finally getting a break. However when trying to convert video file i the divX player,.. gues what? It dosn't work. It starts the converting and about half way in it get stuck and start sending you error messages. Its completly un freaking beliveble!

In addition the auto find nettwork suddenly started working the next day for some unknown reason. So I now aleast dont have to push in al the info manually and dont have to use a password to get streaming from the PC to the player. Go figure,..?

Collapse -
Have you considered getting some one to come in, set it up?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 13, 2011 12:20 AM PST

I think that expecting everyone to become Windows, Networking and Security experts plus guessing at all the variables in play here may result in too much pain for most of us.

For example, who knew that we couldn't put the equal sign in the password?

And that's just 1 of what may be 1000's of things that can go wrong.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks for the reply
by Omeon / December 13, 2011 4:14 AM PST

I havent concidered it because they tell you to send everything back insted, wich does not help me much when I have to sett it all up again at home. But I can insure you that I have followed the instalation guides to a T. And tryed out every variable that I could think of. Not one guide show you properly how to do anything. So youre left with figuring it out for youre self or send it all back. witch sadly, is to late for me.

Collapse -
"Not one guide..."
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 13, 2011 5:09 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks for the reply

Same here. The equal sign password surprise was one found by CNET members. I never found it in a manual HOWEVER over in the CNET Networking forum the advice is to use simple short phrases.

Sorry to read it is too late but the next time it may be best to get a ready to use system rather than a "bag of parts."
Bob

Collapse -
Oh my god!
by Omeon / December 14, 2011 3:39 AM PST
In reply to: "Not one guide..."

If this isn't tragicly comicall I dont know what is,.. Me having to re-initialise all of the streaming features, started out by me having a hard disk failure on my computer right and my accounte beeing deleted,.. Well after opening the computer and looking at the harddisk,.. quest what type of harddrive Ive got!

Collapse -
Here's the rule about today's hard drives.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 14, 2011 3:42 AM PST
In reply to: Oh my god!

All will fail.

Now the follow up to that is always "at the most inappropriate time."
Bob

Collapse -
That may be true :)
by Omeon / December 14, 2011 3:59 AM PST

Got a giggle out that one,.. But still, it was like hearing the backround noise of a horror movie when I saw the big flasy red Samsung text on my computer. Just ordered a bran new SSD card an 2 Terrabyte hard disk, and this one is going in the trash.
With regard to what you sayd about rader bying a ready to use system, it basicly is one,.. or rather is supposed to be, and they dont come more compact then this. Here a link to the system. http://www.shopmania.ro/sisteme-home-cinema/p-samsung-ht-bd7255-7284865
I mean where can you go wrong with this. Its not rocketcience plugging in the different wires.

Collapse -
That's a part of a system.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 14, 2011 4:04 AM PST
In reply to: That may be true :)

I didn't see the PC, display, HDTV and all the network and more we would have to configure.

While I configure such things, offer ideas here in the forums my thoughts today are that most folk do not want to figure out firewall rules and you can't use the equal sign in a name or password.
Bob

Collapse -
Hmmm
by Omeon / December 14, 2011 4:23 AM PST

Well as far as I know with the exeption of the computer the system, including the the TV and home Cinema does not come in less parts then this. Here a link to the TV: http://www.samsung.com/no/consumer/tv-home-theatre/tv/lcd-tv/LE40B655T2WXXE
Now the computer is simply, sorry if the translation is off,: a 4 nukleur, 64bit, 6 gig system with five fans and 750 w. and it not constucted by me but from the company I bought it from. And they kinda know what they are are doing. Should be more than abel to work on this crappy Samsung stuff. And youre Wright, People would like to know in the manuals that if they have to shange some sitting in the fire wall,.. it should bloody say so!

Collapse -
If you've been following advice from Sam, Sony and such.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 14, 2011 4:29 AM PST
In reply to: Hmmm

Not one of them will tell much about how to configure our home networks. They can't because if their advice tanks the network then they might be liable.

This is not their doing. It's the litigation that could happen. In spite of that, I've posted much of what we know.
Bob

Collapse -
Im sorry to say I have to disagree with you on that one
by Omeon / December 14, 2011 4:46 AM PST

I understand what you are saying, but if there system is not going to work unless you change sertane settings, informing you of that fact and of the risks involved, do not make them accountable. the choise remains your's. I mean how else are you supposed you figure out what is wrong. Searcing the internett sure didnt help me. Also erlyer in the the tekst I never mention the equall sign but rather all spesial signs inkuluding this one (-). Dont know the word for it in English.

Collapse -
Not the one to convince.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 14, 2011 4:51 AM PST

I already have shared and made posts at the top of the forums in spite of litigiousfolk.

Companies and Corporations tend to listen to their legal departments.

All this is well and good but leads us to another observation. -> Notice how many have such things installed and configured for them?
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!