Samsung forum

General discussion

Streaming shows from the internet to my tv.

by adosdall / June 21, 2009 10:56 AM PDT

Does the Samsung BD-3600 or 4600 have an internet browser? I know you can stream NetFlix to this device but can I stream an ABC TV show from their website to my TV with it using a wireless router? I was told Play Station 3 can do this but it can't stream NetFlix. I want to be able to do both.
Thanks for any answers you can supply!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Streaming shows from the internet to my tv.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Streaming shows from the internet to my tv.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Streaming shows from the internet to my tv.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 21, 2009 6:30 PM PDT

adosdall,

No, it will not stream "streamed" television shows to the television itself. Netflix and Pandora content can be streamed.

--HDTech

Collapse -
streaming internet to TV - macintosh to series 7 LED LCD
by sistaman / January 12, 2010 6:58 PM PST

If I connect my Macbook Pro to my series 7 via a HDMI cable/adaptor will I be able to view streamed TV content from the websites of TV channels (eg ABC's iView or SBS's Video Player) downloaded via the computer?

Is the picture/sound quality of DVDs or flims saved to hard-drive played in the computer and viewed on the TV (via HDMI cable) any better or worse than when played on the DVD player (connected to the TV via a HDMI cable)?

Thanks
Kathy

Collapse -
Streaming shows from the internet to my tv
by chipconnect / August 12, 2011 11:49 AM PDT

This can be done using Tcpview,VLC, and Wild Media Server
Reply if interested and I will send details.....

Collapse -
Streaming shows from the internet to my tv
by joh_way / June 30, 2012 5:33 PM PDT

chipconnect,

If you are still offering streaming solutions for Tcpview,VLC, and Wild Media Server...I'm still interested. Thanks.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.