General discussion

Streaming Media from PC to LED 7000 TV

Hi All,
I have the new UE46B7000 LED TV and have brought the wireless USB dongle to allow access to Internet TV etc and I have the latest version of PC Share Manager installed on my PC and the latest firmware on the TV. The issue I have is when streaming media from the PC to the TV after a random period of time the media will stop playing.

I have tried different films but always get the same outcome. The wireless router is in the same room as the PC and TV but it's too far away to connect via Ethernet cable.

Has anyone else had the same issue or any advice on how to fix this? I spent a lot of time researching and waiting for this TV as I wanted wireless connectivity and will be very disappointed if the problem cant be resolved.

Thanks In Advance,
Paul

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Streaming Media from PC to LED 7000 TV
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Streaming Media from PC to LED 7000 TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Power management?

Check the settings on your server PC. Sometimes discs spinning down can not get back up to speed before the server times out.

- Collapse -
Streaming

Sorry... the media is playing from the PC HDD not CD-ROM.

- Collapse -
Hard disc power management

HDDs are managed in Windows power plans (advanced settings). My own is currently set to turn off after 20 minutes. If the operating system doesn't detect streaming as "activity", it will shut down the disc. There may be a setting somewhere in the server application to override this when acting as a media server. If not, you could try making the time-out longer.

- Collapse -
RE:

I had the same problem with streaming from a PC. Buy a WD My Book with a built in media server. Thats the only way to avoid the freezing. However you don't get any pause/play/stop functionality

- Collapse -
buy a LAN cable...

... and go wired, it's a lot cheaper than another piece of kit and (from what I have heard) it will give you less problems than a wireless dongle.

CNET Forums