Samsung forum

General discussion

Streaming live video (aka youtube) from computer over nw

by manyapradhan / December 1, 2008 10:37 AM PST

I just bought the ln46a750, Iits on my home network and I also setup the ability to play movies from my hard disk.
I also have samsung blue ray player.

1. Can I route this thru the blue ray player so as to get the benefit of up-conversion of the DVD content

2. Is there any software available to stream content from say Youtube or ESPN on to the TV

3. Is there any future firmware upgrade on the cards for the tv to use he networ connection to get live video along with the news, weather stock etc.?

Thank you !!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Streaming live video (aka youtube) from computer over nw
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Streaming live video (aka youtube) from computer over nw
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Did you try Tversity?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 1, 2008 11:32 AM PST
Collapse -
Some answers.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 1, 2008 3:59 PM PST

manyapradhan,

1. Can you route movies through the Blu-Ray player? No, not that I know of.

2. Bob posted a link that many people have taken advantage of. I'd definitely look into Tversity.

3. No, there is no firmware planned for the InfoLink feature to support videos.

--HDTech

Collapse -
YouTube on Samsunh MediaLive Extender
by tglopez / December 2, 2008 12:15 AM PST
In reply to: Some answers.

Will Samsung be offering a firmware update to the extender, then, to provide codec support for flash video (to be able to view YouTube)?

Collapse -
Thank you !
by manyapradhan / December 2, 2008 2:14 AM PST

I will try the tversity solution for sure. So, it has been used by other people and is compatible with Samsung Series 7 LCDs. Right?

One good thing about these TVS I thought was ... With the ability upgrade firmware later on, features could be added without constantly having to upgrade the tv itself ... Is that not true?

Will let you know how tversity works for me, I downloaded and installed it last night, havent worked on setting all up yet...

Thanks for the help!

Collapse -
No plans that I'm aware of...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 3, 2008 5:05 AM PST

I don't know of any plans to do that, but I have sent the suggestion up as a request. If I hear something, I will post it here.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Tversity and Samsung 750
by manyapradhan / December 3, 2008 6:41 AM PST

Hey,

Last night I tried it out, the tversity server showed up fine and the folders shared also showed up. But when playing youtube or DVD content ... it gave error as "Unrecognized file type" ...

BTW, earlier I was able to play DVD content using the Samsung PC Share 1.4 version

Will see what tweaks can be done for tversity... any hints would be welcome.

Thank you !!

Collapse -
TVersity v 1.0 RC5 does not work with Samsung 7 series
by manyapradhan / December 9, 2008 10:16 PM PST

Hey,

Look at this post ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1049695

This issue is not resolved ... I have tried several suggested ways but it does not work. So before you suggest it does, please test yourself.

Looks like have to wait for another release from tversity to check it again.

BTW Twonky as well as PC Share worked fine ...only they dont have capability for online streaming ...

Thanks,

M

Collapse -
steaming video
by FiosTvTech / January 2, 2009 12:58 AM PST

I got the 650 series because i couldnt convince my wife to spend a little more money. Is there a way to upgrade the 650 to stream video from pc?

Collapse -
DLNA is 7 Series and higher...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 2, 2009 4:00 AM PST
In reply to: steaming video

FiosTVTech,

Unfortunately the DLNA functionality is for the 7-Series and higher.

I with there was a way to do it, but for what it's worth, do you have some InfoLink capabilities with the thumbdrive. I know that's not the solution you were looking for, but it's a suggestion.

--HDTech

Collapse -
thumbdrive
by FiosTvTech / January 2, 2009 6:49 AM PST

I thought the thumbdrive only does pics and mp3, so what your saying is that it can play videos

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?