General discussion

Strangest request ever....

I seriously doubt I'll hear anything back from anyone on this, but I'm curious, and I'd like to think I didn't waste my five bucks on ebay. Wink

I just recently acquired a Netgear RP614 (v1) router that I'm trying to set up. From all looks, it's broken. No power light, nothing.

So me, having a free saturday afternoon and several hours before work, decide to open the baby up and see if there's anything physically wrong. Especially since I hear this rattling inside of it.

So I open it up. Boom, a part is loose and missing, a little bundle of copper wire from the looks of it, that' srolling around. I see exactly where it needs to go, but unfortunately, the two ends...supposed to be soldered on and all, are also loose, I have NO idea where they go.

I need opinions, advice, and most importantly, if a kind soul out there with a Netgear RP614 router could open it up and take a detailed picture for me so I know what might need to be done, I'd be REALLY REALLY appreciative.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Strangest request ever....
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Strangest request ever....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info