General discussion

Strange purple dots on HP compaqnx 9000 screen

I've had this problem for the last 2 weeks now and its really starting to frustrate me so if anyone can shed any light on this it would be most appreciated. Basically i'm finding these strange purple lines and marks on pictures and menu tabs. These marks seem to come and go completely randomly and they change size portionally to a picture if you zoom in on the picture. I've run norton and several other antivirus programmes but they've pickied up nothing. I've saved screenshots with the purple marks but when the computer is fine then the marks are not on the saved images. Please somebody help me out as this has become a real hassle,thanks.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Strange purple dots on HP compaqnx 9000 screen
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Strange purple dots on HP compaqnx 9000 screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Is this the same as in the XP Forum.

Sorry, I missed that you mentioned it was a laptop.

Try this. Power off, and vacuum the vents to see if heat/clog vents is the issue.

Bob

- Collapse -
thanks

Thanks i'll try that,this problem has been really getting on my nerves.

- Collapse -
If it were CRT . . .

If it were CRT it'd be obvious, your red gun is shifting or is losing focus.

But in an LCD, I imagine it's either heat as Bob said or it's a bad/loose/faulty connection to the LCD.

- Collapse -
i`ve tried...

I`ve tried to address the heat problem but it doesn`t seem to have made a difference. Can to tell me how i can check to see if it is a faulty connection and if so can i do anything myself to fix it?

CNET Forums

Forum Info