General discussion

Strange problem

Lately im trying really hard to find the source of my problem.
I got a Packard Bell laptop i5 2410 / 540gt.The laptop was running apps and games really good without any problem .
One day i played diablo 3 in a 4 players group and at the momment i teleported to the battle zone , my laptop freezed for about 15 secs then started to lag very bad ( lag in game no lattency like ping ).Since then in every game my laptop lags a bit , little frames for some milisecs every time i explore new contnent , when new things are around or new spells are casted .Some times its stuck for 3, 4 secs when u change ur zone instant ( its like he loads next images with delay )
i restored all system , tested all posibile configurations from nvidia control panel , disabled all battery saving stuff , tryed numerous drivers for both intel6 chipset and geforce 540m , even unpdated to my latest bios..nothing worked
The tempretures are good cpu in 50-57C in clean windows , increase for up to 85 in heavy gaming , temps that i know are ok
HDD wont pass 44 C / no erros all clean
Ram seems like working 100 %
GPU dont pass 70 C with high details on game like D3 or in graphic software.
The only thing i dont know how to test its the MB
As far as i know similar issues have been spoted on some Acer laptops also.
I would really apreciate every info and help.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Strange problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Strange problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Those are not OK temps.

You have figured it out and all that you need to do is ask the maker to fix your laptop.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thank you for the replay Bob

Thank you a lot for trying to help but i really dont think the grades are the problem.
With turboboost disabled my cpu is 49-52 C , and in games it goes for up to 80 + .
From what ive read in intel forum that grades are acceptable ++
the point is even in windows with 49 C , when u open a new window or pop into a backround window , its like having half a sec delay till the image appears . Its not something that many users will notice , but every one who is more then a casual computer user will notice .
If anyone ever had the same experiance i would really appreciate any feedback

- Collapse -
Same experience

And 85C is way too hot for reliable operation.

It appears you have a hard time realizing you've found the issue but need time for it to sink in.

There are ways to pull that down by changing the heat sink compound, cleaning heat sinks and vents along with laptop cooling pads.

If there is a second delay at all temperatures then why did you mention temperatures at all?
Bob

- Collapse -
Becouse im trying to figure it out

i sayed those are the tests i made .i cant figure out whats the problem , but i think your right with the cpu , it just takes time to figure it out 100 %

CNET Forums