Computer Help forum

General discussion

Strange Mouse Trouble

by PsionicArchon / April 10, 2007 7:42 AM PDT

Im having a very strange error with my mouse which has simply decided not to work properly anymore.

It is a dynex usb mouse dx-om101. when I plug it in it goes through the normal process of auto installing the drivers and will work for about 15 to 30 seconds then it will simply just stop make a sound like its been disconnected and reconnected work for a bit then just stop for good. When I unplug it and plug it in again it will tell me it cant recognize the usb device or there has been a problem with it.

I have tried everything I could think of from reinstalling the mouse and usb port/controller drivers to searching for product drivers and had no luck what so ever. I tested the mouse in a similar computer where the same drivers were auto installed (HID-compliant mouse) and it worked perfectly no cutting out. I am using an hp dv8000 laptop.

I have no idea what could be causing this if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Strange Mouse Trouble
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Strange Mouse Trouble
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try another mouse.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 10, 2007 8:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Strange Mouse Trouble

These things do fail so don't limit your test to just this mouse.

Collapse -
reply to: Strange Mouse
by caktus / April 10, 2007 8:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Strange Mouse Trouble

Also, in the event that the loaded driver may become corrupt, it may be necessary to reload the driver from the Disk.

Also, sometimes it helps to install a piece of hard ware while the computer is turned off. And [then] turn the computer on using the power button.

Hope this is helpful.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?