General discussion

Strange Lag time before posts appear

Help!

I'm on an extended hiking trip and am using a satellite uplink to post my diary entries to my blog. Almost daily, it takes FOREVER for the post to appear online, sometimes not till the next day.

The satellite company claims the delay is not on their end, but I have my doubts. Is there a way to track down what is causing the lag?

Thanks!!
Litany Webb

http://litanywebb.blogspot.com/

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Strange Lag time before posts appear
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Strange Lag time before posts appear
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Litany, It's Probably The Blog Server

If you are able to access the web and make posts quickly while using the satellite connection, then the culprit is surely the Blogger.com server that updates your site. The satellite connection only "connects" you to the net..The Blogger.com server is responsible for updating the data that is transferred to it's servers. That process should be immeidate, but they may have a time delay to check all uploaded data. Unless the satellite company and the Blog server are one and the same, then I don't believe it's the satellite company.

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
Thanks Grif!

You're a Sweetie!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Litany

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Litany, Glad It Helped & Happy Adventuring!

CNET Forums

Forum Info