Windows 7 forum

General discussion

stop running this script

by Dave Teddyboy-No1 / August 31, 2011 8:50 PM PDT

Does anyone know how i can get rid of this annoying error (stop running this script ) ,i have been getting it all day,i have googled it and have tried many things but they dont help,its driving me round the twist,hope someone can help me with this problem,it just keeps popping up,i have ran my anti virus and registry programs but nothing seems to rid me of this constant hassle

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: stop running this script
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: stop running this script
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
When exactly does it pop up?
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 31, 2011 8:51 PM PDT

For example, does it pop up if you're only using MS Paint?

Kees

Collapse -
When exactly does it pop up?
by Dave Teddyboy-No1 / August 31, 2011 10:29 PM PDT

It happens when im surfing the net,it dosn`t matter where i am on line it keeps popping up,i have Internet Explorer open,Hope this helps.

Dave..............

Collapse -
Internet Explorer.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 31, 2011 10:33 PM PDT

Try this. Open IE's "Internet Options". That is Tools, (or the "Gear" icon), then select Internet Options.

In the new window, select the Advanced tab. Find the two entries;

Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
Disable script debugging (Other).

Remove the ticks for both.

See if that fixes the messages.

Mark

Collapse -
Re: stop running
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 31, 2011 10:41 PM PDT

Do you happen to mean this message: "A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive.
Do you want to abort this script".
If so, see if http://www.google.com/search?q=%22A+script+on+this+page+is+causing+Internet+Explorer+to+run+slowly%26 finds relevant help.

The general idea, maybe:
1. Buy a computer with a faster CPU
2. Use a browser that's optimized for Javascropt (latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer).
3. Give your browser more processing time by ending all background programs, including malware.

Kees

Collapse -
Just a note, I deleted a post
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 31, 2011 10:36 PM PDT

No problem for you, but just to say I have deleted a post from this thread.

Some poster tried to spam a web site that had nothing to do with your problem.

We routinely delete those.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.