Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

STOP message

by MRoswell / August 19, 2006 10:46 AM PDT

I bought Roxio Easy CD and DVD burninc ver6 software and have been trying to get it to work properly for a week. Today I installed Roxizap to remove the program and reinstall. I got a message telling me to restart in order to run the program. I restarted, got to the boot screen and before I got to the logon screen a BSOD flashed for a seconf and the computer reatarted. It now appears to be stuck in some restart loop, but I can run in safe mode. I disabled the Auto restart after error in system restore and read the BSOD. It had error message STOP: 0X0000007E (XC0000005, 0XF719C2FB, 0XF7BF9CD0, 0XF7BF99CC) Tried system Restore: Nothing.

Asus P4S800 SCKT: 478
P4 3.0GHZ
1024 RAM
WinXP Home SP2

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: STOP message
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: STOP message
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A program to try
by Decorte16 / August 19, 2006 1:42 PM PDT
In reply to: STOP message
Collapse -
Another option
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 20, 2006 4:34 AM PDT
Collapse -
is there a module associated with it?
by m_and_m_kid / August 20, 2006 4:41 AM PDT

is there a module, or a driver associated with this stop error? 7E stops are pretty generic as they can occur in almost any kernel mode driver/module.

can you give us pretty much the whole text of the BSOD, outside of the 'please contact your administator' stuff? would help greatly in diagnosing whats up

Collapse -
Text of BSOD
by MRoswell / August 20, 2006 10:58 AM PDT

A problem has been detected and windos has been shutdown to prevent danage to your computer.

If this is the first time you have seen this STOP error, restart your computer. If these screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in this STOP message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware for BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced Startup options and then select safe mode.

Technical Information
***STOP: 0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0xf719c2fb, 0xf7bf9cd0, 0xf7bf99cc)

No driver is listed. How do you disable drivers or even remove a program in Safe mode?

Collapse -
So, no driver info...
by m_and_m_kid / August 20, 2006 11:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Text of BSOD

Well, that bites; without that information I cant really help you, the 7E error is just so generic...

as to your question, how does one remove drivers/software in safe mode... there are two ways that i know of, one is extremly complicated and you go through the registry, the second is to use the device manager to remove the driver that way. also, simply booting your comp into safe mode refreshes the drivers, and may cause some resetting of the IRQ allocation. as to removing software, there are some third party tools that allow you to remove it, but for the most part i just disable them auto starting, and remove them in normal operation.

sorry about not being able to help really... is there no further informaiton in the system logs?

Collapse -
STOP Message
by MRoswell / August 21, 2006 3:18 PM PDT

I have a question. Would it be better to just reformat and reinstall? Because Im REALLY tired of looking at Safe mode and I dont know whatelse to do. Tips on reformatting and reinstall would be helpful.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?