3 years is good but the power supply, motherboard capacitors and some other parts degrade with time. But I'll also note today's pests are a big cause. If this was my machine, I'd clean off the heatsinks, inspect the motherboard capacitors (type BAD CAPS into google.com for pictures), scan with HOUSECALL and EWIDO, then update all my drivers manually.
Then again it could be a power issue. 3 years and that power supply is a shadow of when it was new.
Best of luck,
System= Windows XP SP1
1 GB RAM
ASUS P4PE m/b
SB Audigy 2 platinum
26" LCD TV connected by DVI
This is what happens: When I run World of Warcraft my computer reboots at random intervals. The error message that occurs is: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP:0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002,0x00000000, 0x00000000) I have read the other threads on this topic but my problem seems weird because:
* My computer has worked fine for three years and has run WOW happily for one year
* No other games or programs crash- for example I run Oblivion for hours on end with not a flicker. It is only WOW.
* The only change to my system is the LCD but there were no drivers installed and it works fine for everything else
This is what I have done so far:
* taken my computer in to be checked/ serviced- they had it for a few days and can find nothing wrong with it (although admittedly I did not give them WOW account to try). They cleaned out some dust.
* Upgraded Radeon 9700 pro to Nvidia 7800GS (it seemed like a good excuse)- had it installed by computer shop- no change
* changed the monitor connection to VGA- no effect- back to DVI
* Deleted all add-ons - no effect
* Clean install of WOW - no effect
* drive does not need to be defragged
* drive has no errors (other games also reside on this drive)
* Read WOW forums- no joy
* Contacted WOW support- they say it's Windows and is not their problem
* Changed virtual memory setting as per a thread I found on this forum and at the MS knowledge base- no change- Should I change it back?
* This has been going on for months and I am now desperately appealing to you!!!
I just can't figure out how it is only WOW.....
any advice will be much appreciated.