Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

STILL with the modem

I am having great trouble installing a Lucent LT WinModem on a computer after a fresh install.
This modem used to work in this computer when it was running in 2000I know that it is in the right slot and that it shpould be detected.
The problem could be the lack of a PCI driver which System Info/problem devices states has
no driver , but I do not know what driver is appropriate.
I have salvaged off the old drive (exe 2000) the log of the modem when it was running properly which is full of paths/checks etc.Unfortunatly these dont mean a whole lot to me, but if you want I could email them or whatever.I've been all over the Net and tried everything I can find suggested for the problem but to no avail. any help greatly appreciated.

System Details
Windows 98 SE
Intel Celeron, 600 MHz (9 x 67)
Motherboard
MSI MS-6309 Lite (MS-6309LE v2.0) / MS-6309 v2.
Motherboard Chipset: VIA VT82C694X Apollo Pro133A
System Memory 256 MB (PC133 SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (01/31/01)
Lucent LT WinModem

PCI Communication Device
Unknown
This Device Has a Problem: Code=28 (0x1C)
The drivers for this device are not installed correctly. To install the driver
for this device, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.
Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\enum\PCI\VEN_11C1&DEV_0440&SUBSYS_044011C1&REV_01\BUS_00&DEV_0E&FUNC_00

P.S. Have put in all available slots , no go
Win98 Install new hardware cant find , but Everest diagnostics can when I run it.

ta gaspode1

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: STILL with the modem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: STILL with the modem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What I see missing.

In reply to: STILL with the modem

Maybe the VIA motherboard chipset drivers need to be installed FIRST then your modem drivers?

It's a common problem and omission.

Microsoft expects you to be an expert on this.

Bob

Collapse -
here is the driver you need

it doesnt come under rigtai sorry should of said go here
http://www.turbocomm.com/driver.htmto download the driver the one you want is I301/I302 v.90 lucent windows modem

heres some more info on it
131-CX-99REGISTRANT: TURBOCOMM TECH.MANUFACTURER: CASTLENET TECHNOLOGY INC. TYPE OF FILING: ORIGINAL REGISTRATION REG. NO.: RIGTAI-25896-M5-E REG. CLASS: TERMINAL DEVICETYPE OF EQUIPMENT: 56KBPS MODEMS USING ANALOG UPLOAD/DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PROCESSING EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTION: 56KBPS DATA/14.4KBPS FAX MODEM CARD TRADE NAME MODELCASTLE,AOPEN FB M2-I301 COMPAQ,FIC,MATIC,SYNNEX,UMAX,TATUNG,KTX FB M1-I301 FUJITSU,HITACHI FB M3-I301 IBM,ACER,APPLE,PB,PHILIPS,HP,GW2000,DELL FB M2-I301 LEADTEK FB I301 NEC,TOSHIBA,MICROCORE,SONY,PANASONIC FB M3-I301 TURBOCOMM,ROCK,MICROLINK,GENIUS,WINSURF FB I301

thanks to http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Common_Carrier/Public_Notices/Part68_Actions/1998/04nov98r.txt for the info

hope this helps dan

Collapse -
Get rid of that LT Modem!!!

Get a Broadxent modem,it is system friendly.Also if you had any power surges,that modem could have been zapped.U.S. robotic modem are also a headache.I'm giving you this info from experience.If you want to waste time trying to figure out why that LT is not being recognised you are in from some headaches. Good luck man!!

Collapse -
You should have Lucent LT disc

The drivers are on that disc...Mke sure you have no conflicts,look in device manager.I've done all the checking before and found out the modem was toast.

Collapse -
do you really need the driver lol

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.