Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Still Learning

by Wadda / May 3, 2006 9:24 AM PDT

Well I received an email from Nero and they believe this is part of my problem: just to convert the files to *.wav, please create an audio cd and add the MP3 files. they will be converted to *.wav by adding.
Nero only provides a 30-times trial version for the MP3/mp3PRO plug-in as Nero procures this feature from a third party.

Do I understand this correctly? My Nero program cannot burn the file downloaded from my mp3 player to my computer to CD. That is why only about 15 minutes of the file audible. Do I need to get a program that will burn the complete file in *.wav? It isn't very clear to me.

Wadda

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Still Learning
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Still Learning
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
No trial here?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 3, 2006 11:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Still Learning

I use CDBURNERXP to make audio CDs and it has no trial. Then again it's free and no support to call.

Bob

Collapse -
What version of Nero?
by Art / May 4, 2006 4:52 PM PDT
In reply to: Still Learning

What are you trying to do? I am not too clear on that. You want to do something with a mp3 file?

Collapse -
Need help
by Wadda / May 5, 2006 9:07 AM PDT
In reply to: What version of Nero?

I purchased a Creative Zen Vision M to record talks, classes and seminars so I can burn them to CD to listen at home and in my travels. I recorded on the zen great. I put it on my computer in the *.wav format, the burned it to CD. The results were I could only hear 15 minutes of a 50 minute speech. I cannot find out how to burn and hear the enitre recording. I have no idea what is occurring or how to fix it. I have tried Creative, Nero, and several websites but I still cannot find out the problem. THe version of Nero I am using is Ultra edition 6. Nero told me to download a reload of Nero so I did but still have the problem. THank you for listening to me.

Wadda

Collapse -
Are you able to hear the full 50 minutes on the computer?
by Art / May 6, 2006 2:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Need help

I am curious. How do you download the materials from the Zen device to the computer? What method and through which port/s (line-in/usb/microphone).

Collapse -
My steps
by Wadda / May 7, 2006 11:25 PM PDT

I attached the MP3 player to USB port, Creative Zen Vision M explorer opens up, I open media, recording, and copy it to my music on my computer. I then edit the talk and save it again into *.wav. I can hear the entire talk on my computer. It is when I am burning it that I receive the error message and only about 15 minutes of 55 minute talk is audible on the cd although when I look at the bytes they are all there on the cd.

Thank you,
Wadda

Collapse -
"I received an error message"...
by Art / May 9, 2006 7:27 PM PDT
In reply to: My steps

what error message is it? Why do you think you have the whole 50 minutes but just couldn't hear it?

Collapse -
error message
by Wadda / May 10, 2006 11:26 PM PDT

The error message is: "burn aborted unable to continue"
I can see all the bytes in the file size. Doesn't that show me the bytes are there?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.