General discussion

Still getting 'Bad Checksum'...

after 2 days of trying to update spybot s & d. I've tried at various times of the day, morning and evening.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Still getting 'Bad Checksum'...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Still getting 'Bad Checksum'...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Very common problem mhenry
- Collapse -
Rod is right, it is known issue

I usually see that error. Select a different server (mirror site) does the trick here. Give it a try.

- Collapse -
bad checksum

I had that bad checksum message just two hours ago but tried again a minute later and was able to complete download although it was pretty slow.

- Collapse -
Download Complete :)

I kept getting the bad checksum message until I changed the place I was downloading the update from. If you look at the dropdown box to the left of search for updates you have the choice of where you pull the download from. Just change it and see if that works. I changed mine to malaware (USA) and it downloaded in a matter of seconds. Good luck to all as this seems to be an easy fix.

Omerta

- Collapse -
several servers available.

'bad check sum' from Europe, no trouble with the US server.

david williams

- Collapse -
Thanks

Used 'rootboxen.net usa' and worked the first time. Just never had it happen before this.

- Collapse -
Bad Checksum

MHenry
Have you tried MalwareBytes USA
I was able to down load on first attempt using this alternate website.
HTH
Ray

CNET Forums

Forum Info