Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Stay away from 1and1.com

by sbeena40 / November 1, 2009 10:59 AM PST

Stay away from 1and1.com for any web hosting needs, complete disaster, false advertising,my client is so frustrated and when I was trying to help her move, they were totally obnoxious talking to me or helping us with any technical queries.

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
based on what?
by redcircle / November 2, 2009 12:07 AM PST

I manage 3 different hosting accounts and more than 20 domain names on 1and1.com. Everything works. Always. For many, many years.

Whenever I read these "sour grapes" warnings about 1and1, it inevitably turns out that the person who posted it does not know which way is up. I.E. They don't know what they are doing.

Collapse -
Stay away from 1and1.com
by simwind / April 30, 2012 7:47 AM PDT
In reply to: based on what?

Having managed 3 root servers at 1and1.com for over 5 years now, I agree that everything works fine since I can take care of my own dedicated server. However, when it comes to service outtage, they are not quick to respond. Your server could be down for days if you don't call every 2-3 hours to fix the problem at their end. Also, 1and1 have the worst customer service when it comes to billing disputes. They can lock you out at their whim.

I am sick and tired of 1and1.com . Once you have your server all set up and running smoothly for months with a weekly auto reboot, you say everything works. But once a problem crops up from 1and1's end, don't bet on getting your server up pronto. They have the worst customer service with a very bad attitude.

I am shopping for another dedicated host servers. Suggestions, anyone?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!