Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Startup Problems

by Bearster1 / February 24, 2005 12:07 AM PST

I had problems with a gigabyte utility program for my AMD 1800 so having the day off decided to re-install the utility ( I think it regulates cpu ). Well, after that the machine re-starts loads Windows XP and goes to the log in screen like normal. I log in and start-up begins loading the programs. Then at some point before completing the start-up tasks it reboots. It keeps doing this. I have tried to start in safe mode f5? and same thing... I tried restarting hitting f8 same thing ?? Thanks for your help you guys arefantasticwith this stuff!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Startup Problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Startup Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Go back to when it worked.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2005 12:12 AM PST
In reply to: Startup Problems

Not every utility is something that works. Toss it and go back to what worked.

Since you can't boot SAFE MODE (either key fails), then you need to boot the SAFE MODE command line mode (I forget the exact words it uses) and then run RSTRUI to get to System Restore.

Bob

Collapse -
Utility did workup til 6 mo's ago
by Bearster1 / February 24, 2005 12:21 AM PST

The easy tune utility worked until about 6 mo. ago I just ignored it when on start up it would say Win EZ Tune 2000 failed to open. This Utility allowed me to throttle the CPU. never really messed with it much. I guess.it.is for gamers who want to speedup CPU. I triedthe f8 option to restore when it worked but I get the same thing....

Collapse -
locks up
by Bearster1 / February 24, 2005 12:37 AM PST

I did the RSTRUI it started to load drivers then locks up?? tried it 2X......

Collapse -
Now the joy of your backup?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2005 12:48 AM PST
In reply to: locks up

At this point the use of the RECOVERY CONSOLE may be required. Let me be clear I can't teach you how to use the RECOVERY CONSOLE to disable startup items. This is something you read off the web or a fine book or even take administrative courses.

But it is possible to disable services and startup items in the recovery console. Again, this is truly an expert's area that can't be taught in this small space.

Try the usual repairs of an IN PLACE INSTALL first.

Bob

Collapse -
??
by Bearster1 / February 24, 2005 1:15 AM PST

I am so dumb with this stuff...
Do You mean install Windows XP off the disc again ??
Will I lose everything doing it ?? and will I have to set the bios to boot from the CD ??
I don't remember all this stuff... when things work for years and then I don't mess with it... I forget after awhile ..... if I even knew anything LOL !

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) See the other reply about the parallel install.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2005 1:18 AM PST
In reply to: ??
Collapse -
6 months ago we didn't have SP2 and other patches.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2005 12:45 AM PST

I'd go back to what worked and if you can't live without the utility, ask it's author or supplier for an update.

It appears you didn't try the command line method.

Bob

Collapse -
locks up still
by Bearster1 / February 24, 2005 12:59 AM PST

I did the command prompt before I get the prompt it fills the screen with "
multi(0)disk(0)rddisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system\system32\drivers\atapi.sys

and ultra.sys and fastfat.sys and other drivers with AMDAGP.sys at the bottom line and then locks up ......

Collapse -
You didn't write...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2005 1:09 AM PST
In reply to: locks up still

About what version of the OS you have. Here's the next stop...

A PARALLEL INSTALL. With a parallel install one can migrate to the working OS, then wipe out the old one if they never find a fix.

Here's how -> http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBM/tip6300/rh6326.htm

The OS is, from all indications suffered a damaging blow. While it may be possible to recover, it's beyond the scope of these forums. Or you didn't try the in-place-install.

Bob

Collapse -
Now I get command prompt!
by Bearster1 / February 24, 2005 1:32 AM PST
In reply to: You didn't write...

I'll be darned I guess I didn't wait long enuff
because I came back to machine and prompt line was there..
It seemed like it was locked up sorry about that !!!
It says RSTRUI an unrecognized command. I tried Restore.com to no avail

Collapse -
You may need to navigate to the proper directory.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2005 1:42 AM PST

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore

08/04/2004 02:56 AM 380,416 rstrui.exe
1 File(s) 380,416 bytes

The program may not be "in the path", so you get to CD to where it is. Since it's optional what drive and directory Windows is installed to, I can't tell you where this is. You'll have to know your machine to get there.

Bob

Collapse -
Got it
by Bearster1 / February 24, 2005 1:55 AM PST

Doing restore now ! Thanks Bob!
I'll be back if I encounter any road blocks along the way ! Thanks again!

Collapse -
Glad to see you found it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 24, 2005 1:57 AM PST
In reply to: Got it

Your persistance has paid off.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?