Computer Help forum

General discussion

Startup error..!

by vijay.genius1 / August 1, 2010 3:36 AM PDT

Hi everybody...this is my first thread here
Ok then for the past few days my pc running windows 7 gives a peculiar error called "winmpa32.rom module could'nt be loaded".What is it?A virus?Thanx in advance Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Startup error..!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Startup error..!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You may want to look at
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 1, 2010 4:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Startup error..!

a similar looking error discussed in the Dell Support Forums.

You may not have given the full error message, but if it is the same, then this is the only other case I can see of this error.

It would seem that disabling this entry in MSCONFIG will also prevent this message from appearing.

Mark

Collapse -
How?
by vijay.genius1 / August 2, 2010 8:37 PM PDT

How to diasble the entry in msconfig?Can u explain me in detail?

Collapse -
How to open MSCONFIG, link only.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 2, 2010 8:57 PM PDT
In reply to: How?
Collapse -
.rom indicates a faulty Bios programing.
by LucJPatenaude / August 1, 2010 10:12 PM PDT
In reply to: Startup error..!

Find your machine's mainboard's model # and name of the manufacturer of such mainboard and, download + flash the latest in their upgrades of a much newer Bios.

This information is generally situated on one of your machine's side panels of its case.

Enjoy a much bug-free bios upgrade! Wink

Collapse -
Hi
by vijay.genius1 / August 2, 2010 8:36 PM PDT

Can u explain me in detail?

Collapse -
The manufacturer of your machine is the name of the
by LucJPatenaude / August 9, 2010 11:31 PM PDT
In reply to: Hi

Brand of your machine. The model name is, normally, inscribed(lettered/written) onto the case of it. Top or Bottom of it.

Find a long white sticker on the side of the machine that has really big bar codes on it. At the top of the first bar code, you will find the model name and a very long code for it + the Mfg. date at the end of it.

The brand is, normally, the manufacturer of such computer. By using your favorite web browser, type the manufacturer's name + .com then activate the search for it(Enter).

Once found, select the menu Support and, desktop computer. From here, fill in the blanks(requisition type of drop down selective menus).

Happy web search!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.