Samsung forum

Resolved Question

Starting to get white dots

I have a Samsung HL-T5076S, Serial # AHFM3CKQ100605H that I bought 3 years ago from Circuit City. Recently I've started getting white dots, so far just on the left side of the screen, but there are more of them as time goes on. I've seen similar posts & would like to know if something can be done for my TV.

samsungwhitedots has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Starting to get white dots
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Starting to get white dots
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by samsungwhitedots

Collapse -
Starting to get white dots -

In reply to: Starting to get white dots

samsungwhitedots,

Collapse -

In reply to: Starting to get white dots -

Thanks, but I already spent a half hour on the phone with Samsung last week. Would you ask a manager to review my case? My transaction number is 4111817235. Thank you

Collapse -
Answer
Add the information to your post.

Add the country as well as the Transaction number from your call to Samsung.

Collapse -
I started to get the whaite dots on my TV a few days ago

In reply to: Add the information to your post.

I have been a big fan of Samsung product and hopefully will be for some time to come. Recently in the last 2-3days we have been noticing these white dots on the screen and have been multiplying. I called Samsung Customer Service I talked to them because it is past the service date they are sending me to a repair shop. But by the sounds of things this seems to be a fairly common problem with the DLP TV's. Not according to the customer service rep for Samsung. We have only had this TV for around 3 Years and have been happy with it till now.

Called from Canada and the Transaction Number is 2108175950

So can this be fixed and for how much?

Thanks in advanced
Collapse -
I started to get the whaite dots on my TV a few days ago -

In reply to: I started to get the whaite dots on my TV a few days ago

Dadof2boys,

Collapse -

In reply to: I started to get the whaite dots on my TV a few days ago -

Samsung_HD_Tech

just wanted let you know that we did get a call from Samsung, but now just waiting for the technician to call for appointment. I will keep you posted when i hear anything else. But still would like to say thank you in advance.

Collapse -
I started to get the whaite dots on my TV a few days ago -

In reply to: I started to get the whaite dots on my TV a few days ago

Dadof2boys.

Collapse -

In reply to: I started to get the whaite dots on my TV a few days ago -

HDTech,

I just recently talked to Northern Electronics here in my home town and they are the affiliates to service for Samsung. They are ordering the part they need and it will be in midweek next week. They told me that there was a bulletin for this particular problem and there will be a one time service for it. Thanks again, I could not be more grateful.

Collapse -

In reply to: Add the information to your post.

I spoke with Samsung and with the mention that I'd seen similar problems on this forum, they very nicely arranged to have a technician come out to replace the part in question. Thanks for being on this forum!

Collapse -
(NT) Points at the Ambassador.

Collapse -

samsungwhitedots,

Collapse -

The service company just called & told me that there's a $99 charge plus the cost of the part. The Samsung rep told me that there would only be a charge if the issue turned out to be something other than what I had called about. My ticket number is 4111817235 and I'm in the US. Can you help me with this so that I don't have to go through calling Samsung again?

Collapse -

samsungwhitedots,

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.