- Make sure you sign up for a legitimate and reliable host. There are many reviews on this forum and of course you can search for hosts by name in your search engine of choice to get more views.
- Picking an easy to remember, related, as short as possible domain name. Try to avoid hyphens, users tend to leave them out.
- Wordpress offers many plugins. Browse through their plugin list on Wordpress' Web site to see if there are any that would enhance your Web site. Don't add things that just look "cool," everything should have a purpose. Look at the top 10 plugins being downloaded, chances are there will be one or two plugins that may interest you, such as a spam filter and SEO optimization tools.
- There are many good and free Wordpress templates. I suggest you look at some of them, perhaps download a few, to get an idea of what's possible and how your Web site should look like.
- Write original content and include pictures. Users love pictures. If you present them with just a block of text, they may be too overwhelmed to read it unless your title is really good. If you include some visuals or even some media, your article will become more entertaining and interactive.
- You may want to also include one or two tracking systems to monitor how many visitors you get a month, where they come from, what computers they are using, etc so you eventually target your Web site more towards your audience.