Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

start up menu

by tiller / October 9, 2004 11:37 AM PDT

I am showing SFNUpload3 in my start up menu.
I check answersthatwork.com and do not find it in their task list also with a google search I come up empty. Any help out there? Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: start up menu
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: start up menu
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: start up menu
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 9, 2004 11:43 AM PDT
In reply to: start up menu
Collapse -
by tiller / October 9, 2004 7:19 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: start up menu

Using Lavasoft Adware 6 and Spybot -- Have not used MSConfig to disable might try that next.
Thanks

Collapse -
by Cursorcowboy / October 10, 2004 2:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: start up menu

1. Although MSCONFIG is a priceless troubleshooting tool, it's lacking a few features and one or more of the following three applications is suggested:

a. The "Fee" based "Startup Cop", PC Magazine's utility, version 1.01, provides a pretty comprehensive path to where items reside.

b. Written by Mike Lin, the utility "Startup Control Panel" is well worth investigating.

c. "Starter" is yet another free startup manager that allows you to view and manage all the programs that are starting automatically whenever Windows boots. It lists all the hidden registry entries, as well as the common Startup Folder items. You can choose to safely disable selected entries, edit them or delete them altogether (if you know what you're doing). Expert users can even add their own entries.

2. Programs can run from three places at startup and are discussed in [Q314106]: the Startup groups, the Run and RunOnce lines in the registry, and the "run=" and "load=" lines in the Win.ini file.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.