General discussion

start up

Can you please tell me if I need the following on start up; Consumer Input, Consumer Input update, Critical Update and PCD Realtime. Thanks so much. Your the greatest computer help. Happy Valentines Day.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: start up
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: start up
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Thanks for the compliment. . .

But.

There are about a gazillion references to the titles you entered. How about telling us more about your system,and why you are curious. Is there a problem? Where are these names listed?

- Collapse -
start up

These are listed as things on start up, I thought that I might not need these running on start up for a better proformance of my older computer. Would it be safe to uncheck them, couldn't I find out that way if I need them on start up, I would just be unchecking them not deleting them, right.

- Collapse -
Go to. . .
- Collapse -
I don't think you need them.

I don't have them, anyway. But, of course, you're the only one of us two who knows why he installed the programs and what they are doing and if you need them. This for example seems to describe PCD Realtime: http://www.realtimeperformance.com/pr/09_25_00.htm

Hope this helps.

CNET Forums

Forum Info