General discussion

Start Menu -> All Programs bug

I open start menu and then all programs. When I right click a folder in all programs and select either explore or open, it will open the Move To and Copy To option. I have press cancel before I could proceed to the proper windows. Is this ContextMenuHandler bug or infected with some malware?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Start Menu -> All Programs bug
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Start Menu -> All Programs bug
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: Start Menu -> All Programs bug

tyliang, First try this:

Click Start>Run then copy & paste or type in:

regsvr32 /i shell32

Click OK

Note that the spacing is important.

Restart your computer.

If that doesn't correct the problem it could be a context menu handler problem. Follow the instructions under "Method 2 - Using ShellExView to determine the Context-menu causing the problem" at the link below.

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

Tufenuf

- Collapse -
Start Menu -> right click All Programs folder

First method did not work out. It only affect in all programs which particulary folders. If it is an executable file, it is not affected. ShellExView - I don't really know how to see where the problem come from.

CNET Forums

Forum Info