Why not connect the tablet to the internet for a moment to register the app if it's needed and that solves your problems? You can just as easily disable WiFI afterwards.
To communicate with the watch it uses Bluetooth.
I am planning to buy a smartwatch/smartband (something like Amazfit Stratos 2 or Ticwatch Pro) but I have very specific requeriments because I will need to pair it with an Android 7/8 tablet which has no Internet connection (no mobile data, no WiFi, it is exclusively for offline use).
Using my laptop I may download any app (APK) from Google Play, transfer it via USB to the tablet and install it, but as long the tablet has no Internet access I won't be able to register or sign up the app.
Moreover I just need the usual sensors to monitor:
- heart rate,
- sleep pattern/quality,
- recovery time,
- activity tracking,
- and such,
and, of course, be able to sync, track and review all this data using the tablet app.
- Standalone (it won't need a nearby smartphone/tablet in order to gather data).
- Good indoor/outdoor visibility.
- Customizable faces.
- GPS is not needed (but I don't mind if the best model which fits my specifications has it).
- Touchscreen (size around or over 1.34" and at least 240x240 pixels)
- Decent battery (at least it should last one day).
- Reliable warranty.
- I don't need: camera, notifications, NFC, Android pay, SIM card tray, 2G/3G/4G/LTE...
- Nice design.
- Round faced.
- Stainless steel body.
- Light weight.
- Not bulky.
- AMOLED/OLED touchscreen.
- Water resistance (f.e. to swim, 5ATM and such)
- Shock resistance.
At last I don't want any Samsung product, in my extensive experience as a Samsung user (TV, smartphones, smartwatches, hard drives,...) I have realized they always find the way to void the warranty.
I don't have luck asking for help in stores or in the manufacturers presales support and I would like to save the time ordering and returning items so any help will be welcome.
Thanks in advance.