Question

SSL Certificate Error on multiple accounts

Hello all,

I have multiple accounts set up on my MacBook Pro running OS Lion. There is no problem logging into most sites like gmail web access on all accounts, but for some reason I get an SSL certificate error when trying to access some pages (ex. Minecraft login) from all accounts other than the Admin account. I already looked through the certs on each account using the Keychain Access, but they all look the same. Any ideas?

Thanks,
MacEgli

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: SSL Certificate Error on multiple accounts
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: SSL Certificate Error on multiple accounts
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Correction

Sorry correction: I have Snow Leopard, not Lion running on the MacBook Pro.

- Collapse -
Answer
The bad news is

It appears to be specific to that app or server.

https://www.google.com/search?q=SSL+Certificate+Error&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=seamonkey-a#hl=en&safe=off&client=seamonkey-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&q=+site:minecraftforum.net+SSL+Certificate+Error+minecraft&sa=X&ei=iwZeUJ6WOYiTiQLvpYCQCQ&ved=0CCkQrQIwAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=5ab71be99945cb01&biw=1366&bih=556

There are many causes so you can look at what folk are writing from JAVA versions, date,time to some antivirus and more.

Your post is pretty good but unfortunately you'll have to pick through all those to see which applies.
Bob

CNET Forums