Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

spyXposer

Since topic is locked, I am starting a new post to say that I scanned with spyXpser for the furst time and it found soft.exe. I also use AdAware, Spybot, Windows Defender, Spywareblaster, Spywareguard and WinPatrol.
These programs did not stop or find it.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: spyXposer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: spyXposer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Glad to know this was useful

In reply to: spyXposer

Hi auggief , i posted SpyXposer message thinking (obviously after trying it) its scanning was very good (WARNING : it won't remove spywares but only detect them). Now i'm glad to know it was helpful for you . I'd also suggest you try this product (link to download free trial :

http://www.download.com/Ashampoo-AntiSpyWare/3000-8022_4-10516489.html?tag=lst-0-1

I personally think that it scans very deep & has good updated database , you could appreciate it as well .
Regards
White [ITA]

Collapse -
Soft.exe

Collapse -
Windows\soft.exe

In reply to: Soft.exe

Marianna, after spyware told me it was in windows\soft.exe, I found the file and deleted it to be safe.
Also to be safe, I did a regedit and looked for soft.exe after I deleted the file and didn't find it. I do a lot of guessing some of it educated guessing based on the help you folks give me.

Collapse -
Great job, but only to be sure........

In reply to: Windows\soft.exe

Collapse -
Sophos

In reply to: Great job, but only to be sure........

Went into registry and did not have Run Web Service under Current Version. In fact did not find anything in the Sophos write up so I hope it's all gone.

Collapse -
Auggie: The Likely Reason Those Programs Didn't Find It....

is that none you listed are True Anti-Virus programs and thats what hit you. I'm surprised that whatever AV you use didn't warn you first. Perhaps you didn't run an AV scan lately? Glad it's all gone!! Good Luck! Grin

Collapse -
Mea Culpa! I Was Thrown Off By the "Virus.Win32.Bube.F".....

In reply to: Auggie: The Likely Reason Those Programs Didn't Find It....

alias! I see now it's main list is as a "Spyware Worm".
My apologies! Grin

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.