Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

SpyWareBlaster items disabled

by Basil Hall / February 23, 2005 3:37 AM PST

When I was updating SWB this am I noticed that 8 original items had the protection disabled. I remember this happening before as a result of a clash with SpyBot S&D. Anyone had a similar problem or know the cause?

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SpyWareBlaster items disabled
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SpyWareBlaster items disabled
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Basil, were these the "new ones" you received with
by Marianna Schmudlach / February 23, 2005 3:58 AM PST

the latest update??
That's normal - you ONLY have to enable them

Collapse -
Hi, Marianna, no....
by Basil Hall / February 23, 2005 4:22 AM PST

they were disabled before I started the latest download.

Collapse -
Hi Basil...
by Larry38 / February 23, 2005 5:47 AM PST

I just updated my SWB, and had nothing disabled, after download I now have 3414 items in the database and all protection is enabled. I use SpyBot S&D so don't seem to be a problem.
HTH
Larry

Collapse -
Thanks for the input Larry.
by Basil Hall / February 23, 2005 6:02 AM PST
In reply to: Hi Basil...

I do not think it is anything sinister, perhaps just a tempory glitch. Like you, I now have protection against 3414 items.

Collapse -
Hi Basil
by roddy32 / February 23, 2005 5:57 AM PST

Just as Larry stated, I have both Spybot and SpywareBlaster and have never had that problem before either. I HAVE heard of occasional conflicts because some of the scanners/blockers but not this particular one. The ONLY conflict that I have had so far was that Ad-Aware SE picked up that my homepage settings had changed when I had SpywareBlaster lock the home page but I did some tests to make sure that was what was happening and I just have Ad-Aware ignore that now. The only other thing that I can think of is that the last time that SpywareBlaster updated, if I remember correctly, I think it was 8 new items so maybe you forgot to hit enable that time? I have done that myself both on Spybot and SpywareBlaster. LOL. Anyway, IF you don't think that is what happened maybe posting on SpywareBlaster's forum would be a good idea.
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I thought of that, but I was sure I had enabled????
by Basil Hall / February 23, 2005 6:05 AM PST
In reply to: Hi Basil
Collapse -
FYI Only
by badabing / February 23, 2005 6:58 AM PST

I Have had S&D remove some Spywareblaster killbits when it "found" something and I removed it.I have had S&D remove or modify itself when it "found" something and I removed it. In my case it was after the removal of "EH-StartPage". I confirmed this by rechecking and unchecking the boxes and then running S&D,rechecked found a problem,unchecked found nothing. What I'm getting at here is when you recheck the disabled items in SpyBlaster and run S&D does S&D find a problem? and of course does the removal of the same checks results in no problems being found when S&D is run? I have no answers.I'm only stating my experience.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?