General discussion

SpyWareBlaster items disabled

When I was updating SWB this am I noticed that 8 original items had the protection disabled. I remember this happening before as a result of a clash with SpyBot S&D. Anyone had a similar problem or know the cause?

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: SpyWareBlaster items disabled
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: SpyWareBlaster items disabled
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Basil, were these the "new ones" you received with

the latest update??
That's normal - you ONLY have to enable them

- Collapse -
Hi, Marianna, no....

they were disabled before I started the latest download.

- Collapse -
Hi Basil...

I just updated my SWB, and had nothing disabled, after download I now have 3414 items in the database and all protection is enabled. I use SpyBot S&D so don't seem to be a problem.
HTH
Larry

- Collapse -
Thanks for the input Larry.

I do not think it is anything sinister, perhaps just a tempory glitch. Like you, I now have protection against 3414 items.

- Collapse -
Hi Basil

Just as Larry stated, I have both Spybot and SpywareBlaster and have never had that problem before either. I HAVE heard of occasional conflicts because some of the scanners/blockers but not this particular one. The ONLY conflict that I have had so far was that Ad-Aware SE picked up that my homepage settings had changed when I had SpywareBlaster lock the home page but I did some tests to make sure that was what was happening and I just have Ad-Aware ignore that now. The only other thing that I can think of is that the last time that SpywareBlaster updated, if I remember correctly, I think it was 8 new items so maybe you forgot to hit enable that time? I have done that myself both on Spybot and SpywareBlaster. LOL. Anyway, IF you don't think that is what happened maybe posting on SpywareBlaster's forum would be a good idea.
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I thought of that, but I was sure I had enabled????
- Collapse -
FYI Only

I Have had S&D remove some Spywareblaster killbits when it "found" something and I removed it.I have had S&D remove or modify itself when it "found" something and I removed it. In my case it was after the removal of "EH-StartPage". I confirmed this by rechecking and unchecking the boxes and then running S&D,rechecked found a problem,unchecked found nothing. What I'm getting at here is when you recheck the disabled items in SpyBlaster and run S&D does S&D find a problem? and of course does the removal of the same checks results in no problems being found when S&D is run? I have no answers.I'm only stating my experience.

CNET Forums

Forum Info