Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

SPYWAREBLASTER.COM-THE WORST PROGRAM ON THE NET

by Reinl / March 26, 2006 8:53 AM PST

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROGGRAM ONCE YOU DOWNLOAD IT.IT WILL NOT NOT LET YOU REMOVE IT USLESS YOU BUY IT.AFTER DOWNLOADING IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO BUY IT IT WILL NOT ALLOW ITELF TO BE REMOVED WHEN YOU BOOT UP AND YOU DECIDE NOT TO BUY IT .IT BOOTS UP WHEN YOU PUT ON YOUR COMPUTER THEN IT REMOVES YOUR DESKTOP ICONS THEN DISCONNECTS YOU FROM YOUR WIRELESS LAPTOP IT JUSY TAKES OVER YOUR COMPUTER UNTIL YOU DECIDE TO BUY IT. THE ONLY WAY I GOT RID OF IT WAS TO RESTORE THE COMPUTER BACK 1 MONTHS LUCKY I HAD SET UP A QUICK KEY TO THE COMPUTER MANAGER THEN I HAD TO REINSTALL AND THEN UPDATE ALL MY PROGRAMS THE PROGRAM SHOULD BE OUTLAWED :DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS PROGRAM UNLESS YOU WANT TO HAVE TROUBLE WITH YOUR COMPUTER IT IS THE WORST PROGRAM I HAVE EVER DOWNLOADED AND THE MOST CONTROLLING PROGRAM I HAVE EVER SEEN: STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROGRAM AT ALL COSTS

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SPYWAREBLASTER.COM-THE WORST PROGRAM ON THE NET
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SPYWAREBLASTER.COM-THE WORST PROGRAM ON THE NET
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
When you hear
by PudgyOne / March 26, 2006 9:17 AM PST
Collapse -
Spyware Blaster
by Maggie6243 / March 26, 2006 9:37 AM PST
In reply to: When you hear

I think you must have Spyware Blaster confused with some other program. I,and a lot of other people I know have used it for several months and it is a good program. It is also free. I have never been asked to buy it. Are you sure you aren't thinking of something else?.....Maggie

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I would be more concerned about the stuck Caps Lock
by Alan Copeland / March 26, 2006 9:43 AM PST
Collapse -
Caps Lock.
by SFAQL / September 11, 2006 3:34 PM PDT

Your reply was completely uncalled for Alan.This poster louisc48 believed she or he had found a leg problem and wanted to warn others as quickly as possible using caps.Gosh!I have still got the bruises from my 1st post in this forum using caps.''OUCH''

Collapse -
spywareblaster.com is ROGUE
by John.Wilkinson / March 26, 2006 9:57 AM PST

ALERT: The site and product you came across are ROGUE and NOT related to the real SpywareBlaster (from Javacool Software), a program we frequently recommend. Read on.

SpywareBlaster is a legitimate program from Javacool Software, and is in no way associated with the website and/or product you ran across. BulletProofSoftware, the site spywareblaster.com, and the product BPS Spyware and Adware Remover are on the Rogue AntiSpyware List for exploiting the name of SpywareBlaster, SpyBot S&D, and other products, reporting false positives, using high-pressure sales tactics, and installing adware. Thus, they should be avoided at all costs.

SpywareBlaster has an update option within the program...run that and it will download the latest definitions and notify you if a newer version of the program is available. I believe if one is found it will give you a link to the download site, but if not you can click here for the product's true webpage.

Hope this helps,
John

P.S. Please don't type in all caps, as it's considered shouting and thus rude.

Collapse -
Right On, John! I Wish People Would Learn to Check the .....
by tobeach / March 26, 2006 1:32 PM PST

Rogue List before downloading programs of this type.
Javacools Programs have always be great to my knowledge and fully worthy of support & recognition.
Perhaps we need to make one more locked sticky item (like parasite suite) for this 1 Warning with link to Spywarewarrior.com site? Couldn't hurt! Happy

Collapse -
Rogue List
by DADSGETNDOWN / September 11, 2006 12:52 PM PDT

Hello, some are just unaware of such things, I wonder if maybe it would be good for the cnet webmaster, to put a link to the Rogue List on the downloads page ? or every download page ?. or maybe in the secuirty or antivirus or spyware section or something ?.Just a thought...something like have you heard of the rogue List ? did you check the Rogue List ? Be sure to check the Rogue List ?..I dunno something Happy

Collapse -
You're Right. Not A Bad Idea. Perhaps a Locked Sticky?
by tobeach / September 11, 2006 4:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Rogue List

I personally have mentioned & supplied link more than 50 times in this forum alone. Additionally it is the 1st item (top of page) in my posts linking to Scumware Utilities post (although the info in that post is getting inaccurate from "Long in the Tooth" syndrome.
Luckily many have learned to ask HERE before visiting or dwnld/installing something they heard of. Many ROGUES make their prod's name extremely close to the name of the REAL THING so people, who've not SEEN the name of the real one in print, will be misdirected to the ROGUE by SOUND alike's.
Oddly enough, the locked "Anti-Parasite Suite" normally stickied to front page has the real address for Javacools Spyware Blaster buried at about #30 down in the posted replies. Happy

Collapse -
You're Right. Not A Bad Idea. Perhaps a Locked Sticky?
by DADSGETNDOWN / September 12, 2006 1:28 PM PDT

Not alot of people come or go to or take time or even know about forums, we get told to go to downloads.com get the program, find or search there install or click links and adds and move on.. then what you know, Mom and Dads comp or ours, is infected, or whatever have you, so by the same token MANY have not even seen one of your 50 links Happy Oh, 1st item (top of the page) ? where, I'm blind I do not see it here.

Collapse -
The Top of Page Refers to This Link....
by tobeach / September 12, 2006 3:08 PM PDT
http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6132-0.html?forumID=32&threadID=114259&messageID=1298628
Scumware Utilities. Good link to add to favorites (IE) or Bookmarks(Mozilla). I couldn't determine how many times I'd posted this link as separate from posts to Spywarewarriors only. Sorry I should have been more clear.
Info in the post is good but prices may be outdated, & some programs (particularly Free Sygate & Kerio Firewalls) may no longer be at indicated link. Sygate was bought up by Symantec to take it off the market. I can't recall, off hand, who reserected Kerio after it vanished.
On Basic Principle & as Rule of Thumb, I try to only download anything from the author's OWN site or from links embedded in his/her/their (Corp.) site. Much less likely to have been messed with. Happy
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.