to download HJT and post a log of your scan at ONE of the HJT forums. Maybe they can "see" what is "wrong".
Here you'll find the HJT download and HJT forums:
Good Luck !
I've recently had a bit of trouble with some nasty viruses, which I managed to get rid of, but now have a few things that aren't quite right. I'm using Win XP Home Ed and to get to this point I have run Spybot S&D, Lavasoft Adaware, SpyHunter, SuperAntiSpyware, SpyNoMore, AVG, roguefix, SmitFraudFix, CCleaner and ATF-Cleaner (phew!)
1. This is the worst one, and the reason I can't find out how to fix the others! When I use Google or Yahoo to search something and click on one of the results, it doesn't open the link, but opens another window with some random site. It doesn't always work when I copy & paste the URL either. I can only access sites from my favorites.
2. My hard drive is nowhere to be seen in My Computer. I can access it through Run and it's there under Disc Management, I just can't get it to show.
3. The programs in the startup file have stopped 'starting up', though they are showing in 'Processes' nothing is actually happening.
4. I can't use notepad anymore, everytime I try there is a Data Execution Prevention.
5. Everytime I reboot the quick launch links are reset to alphabetical order, not the one I set.
If anyone can help point me in the right direction on any of these I will be forever in their debt.