1. re-scan and quarantine and delete from the virus vault the Trojan n question.
2. Scan again to make sure you do not have it anywhere else, like Prefetch, system 32 or system restore folders.
3. Uninstall from start>settings>control panel> add/ remove> your Messenger.
4. Go to Program files and delete the Messenger folder and whatever is in it.
5. Re-install your messenger.
6. Re- scan to ensure it is not back.
My AVG spyware just found this in my latest scan.
I went to quarantine it and it said it "cannot be quarantined b/c it is embedded in the archive...do I want to quarantine the whole file?"
it showed up at file c:\windows\I386\MMSSETUP.CAB/msmsgsin.exe
and was embedded in the file c:\programsfiles\messenger\msmsgsin.exe
I haven't had the response to a threat before....is that bad?? typical??
I chose "yes" to quarantine the whole file. Wasn't sure what to do.
When I saved the report it showed
trojan.killAV-->cleaned with backup (quarantined)
Anyone have thoughts on this?