General discussion

Spyware Doctor Guilty of Malpractice!!!

I am very frustrated with Spyware Doctor as it has completely corrupted my system. After reading reviews on various virus apps, I selected Spyware Doctor primarily due to the "excellent" reviews it rec'd from CNET and Tucows.
After downloading it to my Dell, Win 2000 notebook, it immediately started sending cookie alerts and then automatically shutting IE and restarting my system. Even after I have turned it off, it still will not allow me to use IE, as it automatically shuts down and reboots.

I have sent THREE urgent emails to PC-Tools tech support requesting their assistance. I have attempted to contact them by phone, but there is no listing for the company in San Francisco (they show Embarcadero One as their address). Lastly, Element5 (the company that took my credit card payment) is a foreign company with no way to contact them either.

I am furious as SPYWARE DOCTOR has rendered my business computer useless for nearly a week now and no on from the company is contacting me to resolve the problem that their software caused.

Does anyone know how to contact tech support for Spyware Doctor, or does anyone even know if this is a legitimate company?? PLEASE RESPOND...am in dire need of technical assistance to restore my computer to operating order!

Thank you!!!!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Spyware Doctor Guilty of Malpractice!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Spyware Doctor Guilty of Malpractice!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Bet this would get someone's attention.

Contact the CC issuer and despute the charge.

- Collapse -
It probably did

You may be right...2 days after I called my CC and put the charge into dispute, I rec'd a call from their Tech Support. Could be unrelated, but you never know.

P.S. I ended up uninstalling the app, b/c Tech Support couldn't even figure out the problem.

- Collapse -
you'll find this website interesting

CNET Forums

Forum Info